I'm female, 71, and for years have had chronic rhinitis which leads to sinusitis, and bronchitis and worse. I have tried almost every allergy tablet and spray both here and in Germany. Finally, my new, young physician told me that he used Xyzal and gave me a few samples to try. It is the only medicine that has helped. Effective after the first three days. But the best thing of all is that it g...

CA | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
6/26/2021

This medicine was prescribed to me by my doctor after feeling tired whenever I would take Certizine. This medication does help with my allergies, but I noticed that my heart pounds fast at night when on Xyzal. Also, it's been hard for me to sleep when I take this. I've experienced weight gain, hunger, irritability extreme depression/anxiety and just the little things tick me off while on this medicine. I tried a restart on it but experiencing the same symptoms. I probably wont go back to take this medication.

Jamepartsmaker | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/13/2021

I've been using this product for over 2 years now and the very first time I tried it was the hardest time it hit me. It made me extremely tired and I slept 8 straight hours for the first time in my life. My only concern was that I was still light headed the next day and I'm a machine operator but it didn't effect my focus or ability to do my job. After that day my sleep pattern was back to my normal 4 to 5 hours a night but the product always relieved my summer allergies (running nose sore throat and sneezing) where no other 24hr medication worked for me in the past. I've tried Claritin which didn't work at all, then I used Alavert and it work the first season but stopped working after that. Then I managed to use Zyrtec for a couple of years but it's effectiveness wore off the more I took it. So I will stick with this one because it's been the most consistent and reliable.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2021
Condition: Allergic Conjunctivitis

Does not last 24 hours. Had to change to Allegra, which was more effective and longer lasting,

Cass | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Non-Seasonal Allergic Runny Nose

Benefits: This product is AMAZING at clearing up allergies. I have been on many OTC allergy medicines as we recently discovered I was allergic to my dogs. This is the only allergy medicine that beats the itchy eyes, sneezing, and running nose. Downsides: SLEEPY. It takes about 1-2 weeks to get accustomed to this medication. Until then, you are in a fog when awake. For me and my husband, the other downsides are: weight gain and acne. I know that sounds odd but the experience of being on this medication is a very similar feeling as being on a steroid regimen for bronchitis or another illness. You are consistently hungry, your skin feels very oily, and you break out in places you don't normally break out. I gained 5 pounds in one month and my husband gained 10. For us, this was a large enough deterrent to search for other options.

Ursel | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/3/2021

I must say that Xyzal did help with my post nasal drip. I was taking it every night for about 2 weeks until I notice that my hands, hips, legs & joints were so stiff & sore like arthritis was running all through my body. I couldn't figure out why I was so stiff & sore throughout my entire body. So I stop taking it for a few days & I all of a sudden notice the arthritis like symptoms diminished. I will not be taking anymore. I will go back to sudafed & mucinex. Good bye Xyzal...