I took Estrostep for over 10 years and loved it, but it was too expensive. 8 months ago I switched to Trilegest FE expecting it to be the same as EstroStep, but I have had horrible side effects. I experience full PMS symptoms during the blue pills (9 days): super moody, easily irritated, bloated, gassy, pregnancy symptoms, etc. I wish I could afford to go back to Estrostep.

Immediately after switching to this pill I began to break out everywhere on my chin and cheeks; I have never broken out on my cheeks before. This pill is absolutely terrible, I have cramps and constantly feel bloated during each period. Would not recommend!!!

Carlita | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/27/2019
Rowan | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/19/2019
Condition: Painful Periods

This medication helped with the pain of my periods and made them lighter in general, however, after about seven months of taking it, I have experienced worsening depression and worsening suicidal thoughts. It made no changes to my acne, either. I am looking into changing medications, as I am not benefiting enough from this pill.

Em | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I started this pill after an abnornally long period. It made me dizzy, light headed, and short of breath. When I got my first period while on the pill, the cramps were worse than I’ve ever had. I could not move. Overall, it stopped the long period but the things that came with it were not worth it.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/23/2016

I was overall unsuccessful with a few pills before getting on this one and it's worked best for me so far. Periods are reduced to only 2-3 days of light flow and cramps are bearable where they weren't before. I put on around 10 lbs since beginning birth control around a year ago and I've been able to lose weight while on this pill. My mood more or less returned to how it usually was before taking any pills but I do tend to get more randomly emotional when I'm PMSing than before. I haven't noticed any negative skin changes. One pill isn't perfect for everyone but 4 months in and I have no complaints!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient