Anonymous | Patient
3/17/2014
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Results are incredible. I've found that a little goes a long way. The Walmart generic doesn't seem disolve well or work like other generics.

85si5c | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/9/2014
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

does not seem to have much effect of benefit

georgeivvi | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/18/2009

I have used several different brands of Dextrin and found that I can use up to 60 grams per day without any problems. I have added it milk, cereal, yogurt, puddings, soups, gravies, scrambled eggs, cocktail sause, ice cream, and salad dressings. I find tht it helps me feel fuller, all day long, thus reducing my inter-meal cravings. The key is to drink lots of water with it, and the hunger disappears. It might take 2-3 weeks of gradual increases to reach an optimal level, but there are few, if any side effects when first introduced. I have expereinced no side effects after several months of long-term use. It also works well with powered protein supplements.Read More Read Less

slimr | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2009

It doesn't seem anything like real fiber that I have taken prior,such as phsyillium husks.It hasn't changed or made my bowel movements any different than not taking anything at all. I like the ease of taking fiber like this,but it just doesn't seem like "real" fiber to me. It seems fake.I do have alot of flatulence and bloating though.But it just doesn't seem to move food thru my system as fast as other fibers.