My husband and I have both been taking Simcor for almost a year. We take it in combination with 3 pills of Welchol each day, along with a pharmacy grade fish oil capsule (2 per day). At first, the flushing with this drug (caused by the Niacin it contains) was annoying. However, if you take an aspirin or benedryl with it for the first few weeks, you will begin to tolerate the flushing. Occasion...

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/1/2014
Condition: High Cholesterol

I've been on drug for approx 4-5 years. It's done wonders for on Cholesterol level, down to 150. I too experienced the flushing, but resolved via baby aspirin. However, my doctor reviewed new research on Simcor recently and recommended I change meds. So, now taking Atorvastatin; will run blood tests in two months to check cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Good news - new med a fraction of the price of Simcor; bad news - TBD.

Olive oil | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/26/2014
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Have taken Simcor several years with no side effects. The only med that lowers my cholesterol within limits. Cigna has dropped Simcor from their formulary for next year! United American is only part D provider now. Will switch to them Dec 7th. I take it at bed time and fall asleep with no problems. It is expensive which is why Signa dropped it from formulary!

A.B.S. | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2014
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Drug caused intense boiling-like burning,intense itching, nausea,dizziness, redness of skin and I passed out, hesrt my back and my head, vomitted, and ended up in the emergency room twice. Almost died! Very dangerous drug!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/2/2013
Mari | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/17/2013
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I have taken Simcor for over 5 years and it has done wonders lowering my cholesterol where statins alone could not. I have never experienced any bad side effects except for possibly some slight hot flashes at times but not a daily experience and not severe.