I have been on Pristiq for a week now. The first 2 nights were rough, I had bad anxiety and restlessness thoughout the night, I didnt sleep much but was wide awake for work the next morning and in GREAT spirts! My husband has noticed the changes and has said to me that it was nice to have the old me back. This pill has completely zapped my appetite though, and I have lost much weight in a week ...

I have celiac disease and was not aware till I called that the active ingredients contain gluten. Worst 3 weeks I have had in a long time.

Ana | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/22/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Everyone complaining took it for a few weeks. I've been on it for nearly 2 years. It has helped out A LOT. I was on fluoxetine during high school which helped my depression, but around 19 fluoxetine slowed down (its normal as its meant for teens). Went to psychology. Spoke to my GP. Swapped onto Pristiq 50 mg. Worked for about a year and a half. About 3-4 ish months ago I was getting bad again. Suicidal thoughts, couldn't control my thoughts. It was really really bad. I was scared of myself. Spoke to the GP again, now I'm on 100 mg and I am doing good again. Hopefully it'll stay like this for a while. The best way to explain it.... is I can't get sad ?? of course some things would make me sad but I'd be sad for like 3 mins and then I'd stop and be fine. Unlike before I'd sleep all day from how depressed I was. It has helped A LOT.

Lisha | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/31/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I had the mouth swab done and Pristiq was listed as one of my effective medications for MDD. I have been taking it for over 2 years. I do not like that you have to take it exactly the same time everyday if not you will experience things like fatigue, headache, upset stomach, or electric shocks in your head if you run out of medicine. So set an alarm, or take it along with something that you do at the same time daily. Otherwise, a great medicine. I wass increased to 100mg daily about 6 months ago and am doing great! I don't feel depressed but do have periods of sadness and grief, from losing my 8 year old suddenly to a virus 4 years ago. This had been the most effective medicine for me after trying many. I also take clonazepam for anxiety with the Pristiq, it's great!

Willow | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2018
Condition: Depression

After a saliva test to see which drug works best, it turned out I needed to take desvenlafafaxine. Seemed to work, no special instructions.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2018
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I take Pristiq for Generalized Anxiety Disorder w/ Agoraphobia, PTSD, and some depression, brought on by being born with "gender dysphoria". This is the only medicine that has seemingly worked for me, to a limit, and NOT given me any side effects worth mentioning. I have dealt with this battle all my life, and tried different anti-depressants at different times in my life, but always suffered side effects. I have noticed a slight reduction in appetite sometimes, but I have been watching what I eat for a while anyway just to maintain my normal weight. Sugar is a vice! Anyway, it's nice to finally have something that doesn't give me "brain zaps", sexual side effects, weight gain, unbelievable tiredness/exhaustion, etc. I'm already kind of weary of crowds because of my illnesses and also due to being assaulted from behind really badly about 8 years ago, and maybe sometimes I think/feel like I don't want to do anything. But I can honestly say I notice a difference in my ability to conjure up motivation and do things and see people. I take 50mg right now once a day, in the morning with breakfast. I started at 25mg for several weeks. I would give it 5 stars, but I am only about 4 months in! Thanks! Good luck to anyone looking for HELP. - Jonathan

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/2/2017
Condition: Depression

I have been experiencing high levels of anger and irritability. I am so sad most of the time. I am taking 150 mg daily and wonder if it is too much. I never want to go anywhere or see people.