I've been on Tegretol for 18 yrs. For seizures,been seizure free for that lenght of time. After reading reviews, maybe Tegretol is what causes me to be tired alot of the time. I have trouble with memory and recalling words in conversation with people.

I was given Tegretol after having several mild seizures and after just one week of taking the drug I had my first grand mal seizure. In the space of the 2 months I was on the drug I had 4 grand mal seizures, 15 fitting seizures, 8 stiffness seizures and my absences increased to multiple times an hour. After this my neurologist changed my prescription to Keppra and after some experimenting with dos...

tisha | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/16/2019
Condition: Nerve Pain

Never had an allergy on medicine but after taking this medicine for 5 weeks to treat my nerve pain on my 1.5cm scalp surgery, I had a severe allergic reaction "Steven Johnson Syndrome which covers 90% of my body with a red patch & blister where I was brought in emergency & being hospitalized for 2 weeks. I'm like a burn person were hands & feet had blisters, mouth sores, & nails almost pop out. Liver & kidney swells.Even liquid hardly pass thru your throat & was put on isolation room due to prone to infection. Now 7 months had passed, dark patches still covering my entire body. Looks like a dalmatian dog :P. Now I had developed massive food allergies & allergens. Only few I can eat Bottom line, Thanks God Im still alive & that dark patchy skin i have wont define me. thank you.

Carolyn | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/16/2018
Condition: Facial Nerve Pain

I came down with trigeminal neuralgia 1 month ago. Went to ER with agony. Given 200 mg Tegretol. It stopped the pain but has made me a zombie. I am 71 but very active, in school, play cello. Now I am a zombie and I feel like my life is over because I have to choose between crippling agony of TGN or being a zombie, and I have to choose zombie. My heart is broken. I am also depressed now, never was before, and have gained weight, 5 lbs in one month.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/16/2017
Condition: Nerve Pain

Erased my husband's long-term memory. He had a photographic memory, then poof! Gone.

Angie | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/11/2017
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

I took 1,200 mg of Tegratol daily for 5 years in the late 90's. While it did do it's job it also erased my memory of those 5 years of life. I have virtually no memories of high school

skin on fire | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/1/2016

I couldn't take the medicine long enough to know if it worked. Only took it about 2 wks. I've had mild-moderate psoriasis for 45 years. Within a week after starting Tegretol for mood disorder (probably) caused by traumatic brain injury 15 yrs ago) my skin was burning, most intensely on psoriasis patches but also on unaffected skin. Stopped taking it a few days ago but still I want to tear my skin off it itches so bad. I'm taking a number of other meds for psychiatric problems so not sure what interactions may or may not be in play. But the only thing that seems to make sense is starting Tegretol. So beware if you have PSORIASIS, but that may or may not be due to interactions with meds.