I hate to break it to you folks, but you could not feel better hours after taking this for the first time. I have tried every kind of antidepressant known to man. This has worked. No side-effects, it took some time - but IT WORKS. Don't listen to all the negative reviews. Everyone has a different chemistry so what is deemed "horrible" for one means in no way, shape, or form that this is the ex...

i truly thought that there was a magic pill out there that would cure my depression and anxiety. i have been on 9 different medications since 1998 most recently Pristiq. NONE of the medications i have been on have helped because there is no magic pill. i am NOT telling anyone to stop their medications but i am saying (for most people out there) you have to face what is depressing you-- figure out ...

QueenBee82 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/11/2021
Condition: Panic Disorder

I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this drug. I’ve long had anxiety, and have tried other antidepressants in the past, and have never had a positive experience with them. Basically, they don’t actually help my problems, and come with a bunch of side effects. When I started this med 3 weeks ago, my resting heart rate was 60-65bpm. After starting this med, my heart rate rapidly began dropping, until it reached the low 40s at fines. I was sent to the ER, but I guess nothing is wrong, though hard to know these days since you can’t get medical care due to Covid. I’m now tapering off with an every other day regimen. Every day I don’t take this nasty pill, I start to feel better and my heart rate starts to look more normal. On the days I have to take it, I sit around worrying if my heart rate will plummet lower. After this experience, I will never take another antidepressant because they don’t work for me and my issues. I guess I’ll just have to deal. If people don’t like the fact that I’m not an optimistic or happy, they can walk on by. I’m not going to make myself sick so I can pretend to be happy. Read More Read Less

AroundtheBlock | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/30/2021
Condition: Depression

Very sick to my stomach. Stopped eating for days. I decided that no way was I going to wait around for the s.e. To lessen because it’s a ridiculous expectation. Cannabinoids work better than this hideous little pill.

Karen | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2021

Do I need a prescription to buy it? Thanks

Angie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/6/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

This is the best medicine I've ever been on. I have tried many and this one keeps me balanced. I am borderline bi-polar, have suffered SAD and have dealt with a lot of trauma in my life. I have "high Highs and Low lows", have a hard time keeping that middle zone on a daily basis. I am very much an extrovert, love being around people, long summer days and hate the winter with a passion. With all that being said ~ This has been the life changer. I am happy 98% of the time now. I can not recommend this enough! Give this one try. I took Paxil and Zoloft. But this was worked for me!! Read More Read Less

Tal | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/30/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

The first few days were a little rough with nausea and some headaches.. but I can tell you this immediately helped with my social anxiety. I barely get nervous anymore and I haven’t had a single anxiety/panic attack since taking this pill. My sadness hasn’t gone completely away, which I like because I’d rather not be an emotionless robot. It did help my sadness not come with the suicidal thoughts. I take this with buspirone 5mg twice a day and I cannot even explain how much this has helped me. If you’re reading this and you’ve tried many SSRI’s that NEVER seem to work, give this a goRead More Read Less

Berg1474 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2021
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

I wish this drug would be taken off the market. I cannot even begin to explain the hell this drug has put me through. RESEARCH THIS DRUG BEFORE STARTING!!!! IT IS VERY DANGEROUS AND GETTING OFF IT IS HORRENDOUS!!!! I will never take another anti-depressant again after my experience with Pristiq. The withdrawals are worse than any depression you could ever experience — and I used to be suicidal. Pristiq is awful!!!!

mike | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Depression

15 years on Lexapro , went down from 40 mg Lexapro since June 2020, horrible withdrawals, down to 10 mg am and 10 mg pm by January 2021 . hospital visits, so many brain mri"s , cat scans, blood work, hormones tests all good. started Pristiq about a week ago 25mg am and 10 mg Lexapro pm . my racing toughts and crying spells as of yesterday started to get better, read a lot of bad reviews about pristiq not working in few months dont know what to do.

KT | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/16/2020
Condition: Depression

I have been on pristiq for a few years. I have been on every psychotropic medication available since 1992 and nothing has worked like this. I have had minimal side effects and notice I am able to just stop the thoughts running in my head and my energy level is like a normal person. Pristiq saved my life. Take at the beginning of your day to help with insomnia.

Prisuse | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/3/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I started this drug January 2019, I started it because I was having an awful experience with prozac. I had extreme sleepiness, dry mouth for 6 wks after starting it and my libido was pretty much gone unfortunately! The sleepiness & dry mouth stopped after about 6 weeks of being on the medication. I started on 25mg and it worked well for 4 months. May of 2019 I up’d to 50mg. I was on 50mgs for 6 mos and then had to up to 100mg. Still no libido and I’m emotionally flatlined. I was on 100mg Nov 2019-now, Dec 2020. I went back to my doctor because I feel it’s time to start weening down on the dosage. It’s been rough weening. I dropped down from 100mg-50mg (doctor said start it immediately) I thought I was going to die. This drug is no joke. Once you introduce it to your body, it’s rough to get it out. I thought i was going to need to go to the ER. I had flu symptoms for a week and I’m finally 8 days out from the dose change and I only get the flu symptoms at night now. Im still getting brain zaps and dizziness. This drug is strong and I underestimated it! I’m scared to drop my dose from 50 to 25 and 25 to nothing. I hope I don’t have any depression or anxiety relapse, as I’m really trying to get off the medication entirely. Anyway, I loved being on the drug. I felt NORMAL for once in my life. I didn’t have the crippling depression I battled for the 10+ years before starting this medication. Yeah the loss of libido and lack of emotions were annoying, but overall I loved it. But gosh, these withdrawals are no joke. I highly recommend being around people who care for you to help get you through the first week of withdrawals because I am not being dramatic when I say I could not stop vomiting, stand, drive, speak clearly, work, nothing. It’s been rough. overall, a great experience on the drug, just a rough one getting off of it. I’ll update later!Read More Read Less

eye | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/9/2020
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

Worked very well for me. No side effects.

Olga | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
6/1/2020
Condition: Depression

My son has been on Pristiq 50mg for a couple of years. It has been very difficult to get off. He starts by tapering off to 25mg then is forced to go back on because of the severe side effect, sadness, thoughts of suicide, lack of motivatoin, need to sleep during the day. Has anyone on here gotton off Prestiq sucessfully and how did you do it? Is going on another less addicting drug the possible answer while tappering off?

Simon | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I was on Lexapro for 10 years. Good for most of that time. Stressful career, divorce and an anxious personality. Then, last year, it wore off. Apparently not uncommon. Now on 50mg Pristiq. Within 2 weeks I was feeling better...than back to bad. I have today increased to 100mg. Has this ever made a difference for anyone? Key question for me.

N | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/23/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Not only did this have no effect on my depression, but the side effects I experienced were severe. I was told I might experience weight gain, and I was fine with that. Instead, over the time I was on this, I lost a significant amount of weight, and was underweight by the time I was taken off the drug. It is hard to tell what other symptoms were side effects or whether my low weight was causing problems but either way Pristiq made me very ill and it took nearly a year for me to feel healthy again after discontinuing use.Read More Read Less

EODMan | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/21/2019
Condition: Depression

I switched from Lexipro to Pristiq 1 month ago. After taking Lexapro for 5 years, I did not feel it was working like it once did. Atfirs, I was worried about the side affects, however they have been minimal. The only thing I notice is a slight headache a couple times a week. Tylenol seems to help lessen the headache. I have noticed a big difference in my sleep. I used to wake up a couple of times each night and getting back to sleep was difficult. After 1 week on Pristiq, I started sleeping through the night and feel refreshed in the morning. After 4 weeks energy has increased slightly. I have noticed once I start moving and getting involved in tasks, I keep going. Part of this is because it has reduced the constant thoughts and thinking running through my head. As my mind tries to ramp up the distracting thoughts, it is easier to stop and disregard. It is hard to put in words, but I am starting to feel more clear minded and just lighter. I have not gained weight and actually lost 3-5 lbs.Lexapro seemed to make me mellow, but Pristiq is different. I am some- what mellow, but I feel more like myself. I can be hot headed and quick to get mad. Lexapro reduced that and may have worked a little to good. Pristiq does the same, except I do not feel like I am being held down on my feelings. Another hard to explain feeling. So far, so good. Almost forgot, Lexapro really reduced my libido. Pristiq has not. I will check back at the 2 month point.Read More Read Less

Ryan | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/23/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Pristiq has been great for me! I use it with mirtazipine and the two work really well together and many doctors know this. The Pristiq gives you energy in the morning and mirtazipine helps you sleep at night. Great combination and I have only minor side affects that don't bother me at all. My anxiety levels are down and I feel I can enjoy each day. It helps too if you make changes in your life for the better and stick to a good night routine so you sleep well.

CC | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/21/2019
Condition: Depression

This med seemed to be helping but had a bad reaction with abdominal pain and swelling so badly almost went to the er. Been off it for a week, still not 100% rid of abdominal pain. Now on prosac not helping at all.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I had to go to the psych hospital just to withdraw off this drug because I wanted to kill myself so badly. It took over a week to withdraw and 3 weeks later I'm still having some side effects. My side effects were chills, feeling like I was being electrocuted every few seconds, light/sound/smell sensitivity, vertigo, ringing and fullness in the ears, lip trembling, and throbbing in my neck. I'm still dealing with the last two.

butterfly72 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/27/2019
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

my experience has been good with this drug. first few days i was very tired a little nauseous and had yawning spells. plan accordingly to give yourself a few days to adjust. but after those first few days i have felt much better, it still makes me a little drowsy but i am sleeping better and my anxiety has really decreased. i notice some dry mouth and dry eyes but otherwise the side effects have really subsided.

Anonymous |
3/21/2019
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

This drug has been a miracle treatment for 2 of my children!! I cannot say thank you enough to those who made this drug a reality! It has been life changing! THANK YOU!!

martha | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

haven't taking med yet for hot flashes i am 78yrs. old and have many,many treatments nothing seems to work not on medicine