I hate to break it to you folks, but you could not feel better hours after taking this for the first time. I have tried every kind of antidepressant known to man. This has worked. No side-effects, it took some time - but IT WORKS. Don't listen to all the negative reviews. Everyone has a different chemistry so what is deemed "horrible" for one means in no way, shape, or form that this is the ex...

i truly thought that there was a magic pill out there that would cure my depression and anxiety. i have been on 9 different medications since 1998 most recently Pristiq. NONE of the medications i have been on have helped because there is no magic pill. i am NOT telling anyone to stop their medications but i am saying (for most people out there) you have to face what is depressing you-- figure out ...

KT | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/16/2020
Condition: Depression

I have been on pristiq for a few years. I have been on every psychotropic medication available since 1992 and nothing has worked like this. I have had minimal side effects and notice I am able to just stop the thoughts running in my head and my energy level is like a normal person. Pristiq saved my life. Take at the beginning of your day to help with insomnia.

Prisuse | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/3/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I started this drug January 2019, I started it because I was having an awful experience with prozac. I had extreme sleepiness, dry mouth for 6 wks after starting it and my libido was pretty much gone unfortunately! The sleepiness & dry mouth stopped after about 6 weeks of being on the medication. I started on 25mg and it worked well for 4 months. May of 2019 I up’d to 50mg. I was on 50mgs for 6 mos and then had to up to 100mg. Still no libido and I’m emotionally flatlined. I was on 100mg Nov 2019-now, Dec 2020. I went back to my doctor because I feel it’s time to start weening down on the dosage. It’s been rough weening. I dropped down from 100mg-50mg (doctor said start it immediately) I thought I was going to die. This drug is no joke. Once you introduce it to your body, it’s rough to get it out. I thought i was going to need to go to the ER. I had flu symptoms for a week and I’m finally 8 days out from the dose change and I only get the flu symptoms at night now. Im still getting brain zaps and dizziness. This drug is strong and I underestimated it! I’m scared to drop my dose from 50 to 25 and 25 to nothing. I hope I don’t have any depression or anxiety relapse, as I’m really trying to get off the medication entirely. Anyway, I loved being on the drug. I felt NORMAL for once in my life. I didn’t have the crippling depression I battled for the 10+ years before starting this medication. Yeah the loss of libido and lack of emotions were annoying, but overall I loved it. But gosh, these withdrawals are no joke. I highly recommend being around people who care for you to help get you through the first week of withdrawals because I am not being dramatic when I say I could not stop vomiting, stand, drive, speak clearly, work, nothing. It’s been rough. overall, a great experience on the drug, just a rough one getting off of it. I’ll update later!

eye | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/9/2020
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

Worked very well for me. No side effects.

Olga | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
6/1/2020
Condition: Depression

My son has been on Pristiq 50mg for a couple of years. It has been very difficult to get off. He starts by tapering off to 25mg then is forced to go back on because of the severe side effect, sadness, thoughts of suicide, lack of motivatoin, need to sleep during the day. Has anyone on here gotton off Prestiq sucessfully and how did you do it? Is going on another less addicting drug the possible answer while tappering off?

Simon | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I was on Lexapro for 10 years. Good for most of that time. Stressful career, divorce and an anxious personality. Then, last year, it wore off. Apparently not uncommon. Now on 50mg Pristiq. Within 2 weeks I was feeling better...than back to bad. I have today increased to 100mg. Has this ever made a difference for anyone? Key question for me.