We have a son (fourth child and only male) who was born on time and with no complications, BUT he would constantly spit-up his breast milk. After trying three other acid reducters by Doctor remandations; We were prescribed THIS medication and the results were miracle like. He has been on the medication for a year now and he is 18 months old and is slowly gaining weight as he is a little over 20 ...

bbyg1983 | 0-2 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/2/2011

My 2month old takes this med. and he had taken 1 other that didn't work. The Dr. gave him this and he is a happy baby. I love him. He is breastfeed. He sleeps well for a 2 month old. I love it and would tell anyone.

Connor Nelson | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/21/2010
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

It is a great pill for me. It taste good. But i recommend never taking over 45mg's a day. Acid reflux may occur.

wardsmom | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/17/2010

My 10 month old has been taking Prevacid for about 4 months for acid reflux. I was reluctant to give him a daily medication, but he really needs it (spitting up, burping, sleeping disturbances, fussiness). It has helped him a lot and has had no noticeable side effects.

jjsmom | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
8/31/2009

my son has been on this med for almost five years he was 5 mons old when first put on it we have tried to get him off it because we think hes doing better and it comes right back so we will use it for a little bit longer

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient