At first in the mornings my speach was slered and had that drug hangover feeling, after a few hours it was gone. Im up to 1000mg so far so good its working for me for the past 4mos. the downside, i am gaining weight, i feel "poofy" since i been on the meds and my period is almost non exsistant. anyone else feeling the same as well?

sheeba011557 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
8/17/2012
Condition: Bipolar Depression

My husband is a new wonderful person with taking this drug. He has been taking stavzor for 3 years and it has been our wonder drug. No side effets and nothing but happiness in our home now..

myson | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/23/2012
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

This medication has been a miracle for my adult son. He started taking Stavzor 4 weeks ago. His dose is up to 2000mg and he has had no side effects. It is working extremely well on his manic symptoms.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
2/15/2011
Condition: Manic-Depression

Iv'e taken every bi-polar med out there; almost ran out of options until stavzor.1000mg and my anger has subsided quite a bit.I'm much more mellow,the only thing is sleeping is difficult.Weight gain too.Remember though the benifits out weigh the side effects.

Erin | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/13/2011
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I was put on this medication for chronic migraines after being taken off Topamax, which was very effective but caused me severe joint pain. I take 250-500 mg a day, depending on how my symptoms have been, and that seems to be a good balance. I am not migraine-free like I was while on the Topamax, but it is quite effective. It has not caused any side effects, not even nausea, which I tend to get very easily on oral medications.

usfbullsrule | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/28/2010
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

Easy to swallow compared to Depakote.