I have suffered for migraines for 3 or 4 years now. I have tried many of the triptans, excedred migraine and some butabital, but I couldn't find the right combination. triptans made me sick and the others just didn't work. I was givin prodrin samples about a month ago, and it knocked out my migraine. So far so good. I did some research and I found that Prodrin has double the amount of isometh...

My doctor had me take samples of this medicine and she told me I should take 2 at first sight of a headache. I'm only 17 and my body is used to taking extra stregth tylnol. So I usually take 2 of them which is 1000mg. But when I took this PRODRIN I only took 1 and then fell asleep. 30mins later i was jolted awake by my heart beating fast and felt numb all over my body! MY HEADACHE was completly go...

Mary | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/14/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been taking Prodrin for several years. Rarely do I take more than one on any day. Now I have learned from Tricare that DOD will no longer pay for this drug. The only effect I have from Prodrin is my headaches go away in 15 to 30 minutes. I am not happy!

Claire | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/16/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I was taking Midrin for years for migraines and that worked great. When Midrin wasn't being made anymore I was switched to Prodrin. It worked as well as Midrin for me. Now Prodrin isn't avialable anymore and no other migraine medication works for me. I have been suffering miserably and I am so distressed that the only two medications that ever worked to relieve my migraines are no longer available.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/29/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

Started taking this since I had a stroke and cant take the other migrane meds (imitrex,relpax) worked great then I went to get the refill and they took it off the market.

awood | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/7/2014
Condition: Tension Headache

I consider Prodrin my miracle drug since nothing else has been able to get rid of my tension headaches/migraines. It is expensive, but totally worth it because of the headache relief! Weird thing is sometimes I find it works in only half an hour and sometimes it doesn't kick in for 4+ hours. Prodrin makes me feel great, kind of like someone else on here said, a little "high" feeling...but it doesn't effect how I work or interact so it's fine. I've also found that it makes me sleepy, but unable to sleep at the same time. For instance, I could lay down and relax for hours and be happy but never quite fall asleep. Prodrin also suppresses my appetite. Overall, I couldn't recommend this drug enough. It works wonders and the side effects are very minimal/not bothersome. Read More Read Less

sadoldlady54 | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/18/2013

For the past three years,I've been taking Prodrin whenever I get a migraine. It always works quickly and with far less side effects than Imitrex. For me, Prodin has been a wonder drug. Sadly, when I went to the pharmacy to refill my prescripion last month (November 2013, I was told that Prodrin is no longer available as the manufacturer has stopped making it. The pharmacy offered to contact my doctor to substitute Midrin for Prodrin but I declined. Midrin contains a heavy duty sedative and Prodrin did not. I could take Prodrin and still function, that will not be the case if I take Midrin. Besides,if my migrain is so bad that I need to "knock myself out" I have Fioricet for that. I REALLY miss Prodrin. I am now facing a winter storm and holiday stress season with only Imitrex and it's nasty side effects to take for my migraines. It's very depressing, indeed. Hopefully, Prodrin will be back on the market soon.Read More Read Less

Tired of Headaches | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/14/2013

I was given Prodrin so I could get off of Esgic Plus. Prodrin works about half the time. I can't take if after about noon time or I won't be able to sleep at night.

dm1993 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/20/2013

I take this for whenever I feel the onset of a migraine. It works within 15-30 mins and I never have to take a second dosage like the bottle says. After I take this, however, I feel overly focused, clear headed, and like a million bucks! I actually thought I was high because I've never felt so fantastic! My pharmacist said that it's nothing to worry about and that no side effect like that was listed in any drug literature. Has anyone else felt this way? Because I feel like I could run a marathon and completely smoke everyone else who has been training for months!Read More Read Less

pounding headaches54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/2/2013

I was prescribed Prodrin as an alternative to Imitrex for migraines two years ago. At first, it was a wonder drug and would kill even my worst headache within an hour after taking it and, best of all, with vitually no side effects. Now, after two years, Prodrin has become completely ineffective even on a "mild" migraine (if there is such a thing). I guess I've grown immune to Prodrin so I won't be refilling my prescription any more. Just as well, it's quite expensive (even the generic version is costly - when it's available, that is. So... it's back to even more expensive Imitrex with all of it's nasty side effects. *sigh*Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2013

I took this last night for a migraine. Fell asleep for an hour, woke up and it was gone. So this was great. Not so great was the insomnia I felt for the entire night, or the constant need to urinate every 15 minutes, or the dizziness, shakiness, and racing heart. Probably won't take again because of the side effects.

Plantjoyseeds | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/14/2013

My doctor prescribed this for migraines. I get them where I have to bury myself in a dark, silent room and this stuff WORKS. Within a half hour (or maybe less?) after taking the prescribed dosage my migraine was gone! Poof! I had absolutely NO side effects either! Amazing Rx!!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/23/2013

at first I had relief but as time gone by Prodrin does not work as well. many times I have to take an extra dose.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2012

I take it for migraines I have Pseudotumor Cerebri, The insomnia is HORRIBLE! I have really bad jitters, dizzy, nauseated, light headed, trouble breathing, no appetite, feeling restless, increased feeling of skin, anxious and feeling very excited over nothing. Im hoping that once the medicine gets in my system it will work.

Headache | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2012

It was prescribed for headache - told to take two at onset. One hour later heavy dizziness, nausea and diarrhea started. Two hours later chills added to that. Ten hours later still a little dizzy and very nauseated. I will never take this again!!!

lanienjessie | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/1/2012

This medicine helps wonders! My mother and I have always gotten migraines and it gotten to the point where I failed 2 semesters in college and had to drop out of nursing school. Before this medicine I would get a migraine for 10 days straight! This medicine definitely works wonders and I highly recommend it!!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/17/2011

Migraines..take daily to prevent onset. It works great! + helps keep appetite down some. I'm able to exercise and eat healthier. Problem-sleeping at times.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/30/2011

Works good to dampen or take away migraine headache

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/12/2011

I had a severe case of bacterial menengitis, I was lucky and the only thing I have after my illness is severe migrains and seizures. I had tried everything for migrains and before I got my script for prodrin I had a 3 day long migrain headache, I got complete relief 20 minutes after taking the prodrin. To this day it still works for my headaches(migrains). I don't get any bad side effects from it. I absolutely love this medicine. It has worked wonders for me. Especially since I tried about 5 medications before the prodrinRead More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2011

I've had migraine and tension headaches since 1984. I've taken all types of medications with little or no results in preventing my headaches. Until recently, I was taking Midrin, but since it's been discontinued my doctor prescribed 'PRODRIN'. I take it twice a day to prevent the onset of headaches. And I haven't had a headache since. I was taking Midrin twice a day and then if I got a headache I would take Axert. I have yet to take the Axert to date.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/3/2010

Severe Migraines. I have tried Many of the drugs on the market and this drug has given me my life back. This drug doesn't make me feel restless nor drowsy. I can fully function with Prodrin. Was paying an average of $41.00 with insurance but as of today, the price has doubled to $80.00. I do not understand why but will have to pay to feel human.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient