Daily dose of 80mg Uloric + 0.6mg Colcrys has given me 2 years of Gout free living. The accumulation of tophi on my elbow and knuckles have almost disappeared. I no longer worry about eating the wrong foods.

its deadly

stevo | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/21/2019
Condition: Gout

uloric has been fantastic, but the new generic that just came out was like taking a placebo and within 30 days had my first gout attack in four years. Who is at the FDA certifying these generics?

Pupae | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/9/2019
Condition: Gout

I’ve been taking Uloric for 4 years and my gout symptoms have been completely eradicated. I tried other medications and side effects we terrible. With Uloric I have no side effects and drug is easy to use (no time of day or meal restrictions). It took 4 months for drug to work, luckily my doctor warned me about that and I stuck with it. My insurance pays for this drug so I’m very lucky as cost is very low. I’m very active and Gout was really debilitating. Uloric has given me a normal life again.

Howard | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/16/2018
Condition: Gout

I was basically crippled with gout and started Uloric 3 year ago. It took about 6 weeks to kick in, but now I'm on 1/4 pill a day and haven't had an attack for years. Its expensive, but worth it.

Victor | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/10/2018
Condition: Gout

I had gout for 10 years. I don't need to explain the pain as those that have it know all too well. I had it in my feet, knees, elbows and hands at some point. It was frustrating trying to figure out what to eat or what was causing it. No medicine seemed to help. Uloric was finally prescribed to me by a rheumatologist in August of 2017. It worked fantastic. My uric acid levels went from 10 to 4.4 and I haven't had a flare in 10 months. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink. I feel great and even got a fitbit to count my steps and heart rate as I become much more active. Now the bad news, I got my annual checkup done and my AST and ALT levels (liver tests) are 3 times higher than they should be. Just for reference, they were normal last year, maybe even on the low side. This is terrible news for me as I was starting to enjoy life again. I don't know what the Dr is going to do about it, but if I have the option to continue taking Uloric, I will. I don't care about the cost or my liver. Give me a few "good" years rather than going back to the guy that can't even tie his shoes or mow the lawn. I'm so disappointed right now, but I still highly recommend trying this drug. I have no other side effects and I am told this side effect is rare.

GoutFreeMe | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/6/2017
Condition: Gout

My doctor told me for a few years that I would have to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life to avoid it. I refused and fought it off with the regular pills when it flaired up. After struggling with Gout for several years it had reached a cronic condition leaving me on crutches every other week. It had become so bad I thought bones were breaking. Turns out it was just even more intense gout attacks. Finaly I rasied the white flag of surrender and agreed to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life. After some research I decided on Uloric. I have been taking one pill a day every day for the past 3 years and I have not had a single gout flair up. While I am not happy about being tethered to this medication I am greatful to have it and to no longer have gout flairups. I would recommend Uloric if your gout is to the cronic stage and you have no choice but to take a permanent medication for it. Now I train at the local MMA gym jog / run on the treadmill, whatever I want without the pain of gout. So that has been my experience with it.