My dermatologist thought I needed prescription medication for moderate acne. She gave me a sample of Acanya Gel. She warned me it would be expensive but said it would work well. She was right on both accounts. My skin is beautiful-my friends and coworkers always comment on how clear it is. It is a little pricey but I am willing to pay for the results. I only have to get a refill every two mo...

I have used Acanya Gel for about 2 months and it been somewhat effective. The very first week I was using it it worked the best, but after 3 weeks my face was totally broken out. After about 5 weeks I stopped using this gel and started using the Oil - Free Acne Wash with my clarisonic and my face been free from all types of acne for 3 months plus!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/9/2016
Condition: Acne

While benzoyl peroxide is an effective ingredient for acne, it usually makes the skin around my eyes red, puffy, dry and itchy. Acanya is the only drug with benzoyl peroxide that doesn't give me an allergic reaction. I've been using it for almost 2 years and it has been working well to fight my pimples.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2015
Condition: Acne

Awful awful treatment. I have very minimal acne. My dermatologist prescirbed me acanya. I used it as suggested my minor pimples did not fade, but I got extreme redness and it looked as in my face was burned. It was so much worse than my pimples. I stopped using it for a while and then put it on one more time to see if maybe the first time I was just over doing it. Nope. Next morning I woke up with redness in the areas I applied it. This drug is so awful and I urge people not to use it. My face is never sensitive and I am usually pretty good with most medicine.

tvelazquez9579 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/25/2015
Condition: Acne

Ok, I WAS using aczone and retin-a in Florida, but I moved to Puerto Rico and that was no longer sufficient in keeping my acne under control. My dr had me stop the aczone, put me on the acanya and I love it. Yes it dried me out, so I put my moisturizer on first then I put it on all over my face and then I use elta sunscreen. Also I switched my cleanser to the glytone gentle cleanser. I still use retin-a at night, but I'm telling u, my huge cysts are gone!! Now I only use this stuff three days a week because it's strong, but it's good. No complaints. If my skin could handle more days I would do it. When I moved to Puerto Rico I would stop breaking out and this stopped it. For body acne I use glytone body wash then I wear a white shirt and put this on it. It clears up right away. I normally just use it on my face though. I'm in love with this acne medication. I normally keep it in my fridge because the humidity and heat down here makes it ineffective quickly.

CEllin | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2015
Condition: Acne

I have suffered from acne my whole life. I was using Proactiv and although it was OK, it didn't really work consistently. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed Acanya. I've been using it for 5 months and it has generally stopped my breakouts. And with my insurance, it's actually much cheaper than the Proactiv was. I'm generally pleased.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/6/2015
Condition: Acne

I have been using Acanya for 3 years. After a year it started to dry out my skin somewhat. I still have slightly dry skin but I think it is definitely worth having an acne free face.