I have had no negative effects from this treatment and have been taking it for almost 3 years. I think this goes to show that all types of birth control effect women differently. The only side-effect that I experience is that I do not have a period anymore, which to me is a good thing.

Dbj | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/5/2017

I have no idea why this hasn't worked well for other people. It's been the absolute best pill I have ever taken. On it I did have light to no period monthly which I did not mind, I had no cramping, headaches or breakthrough and it stabilized me emotionally. My insurance company stopped prescribing it, and everything thing I have tried since has been awful cramping, headaches, some making me seriously ill, breakthrough all month, etc..I need how to find out how I can find and start using Gildes again.

Vicky | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/3/2016

For a YEAR this birth control caused the worst acne/period of my life! I would have extremedy heavy/painful periods lasting up to two weeks. They would make me nauseous/dizzy, double over from sharp pains. If I forgot to take it for HALF A DAY, the period would start all over again!! I went to my Dr. to find out if I had endometriosis & ran a bunch of tests, even ultrasounds, but nothing was present. Eventually, I couldn't afford the health insurance increase so I went without the birth control for a yr+. During that break, all my acne went away & I no longer had pain/issues with my period. I went back on Gildess Fe a few months ago & everything came back! WORST BC EVER! I use Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 now. Light 2-3 day periods no pain/acne!

69531432 | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/2/2016

I am happy about how consistent my period had been since I started this pill but the fever I get occasionally and the muscle tightness is unbearable. I will be switching off this brand soon.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/1/2016
Condition: Painful Periods

I was taking Gildess FE 1/20 before this, which never gave me issues. However, the first month of taking this drug has been absolutely miserable. I've had ridiculous bloating to the point where I can't put my jeans on, nausea, fluctuating appetite, extreme mood swings (my boyfriend would agree), fatigue, and weight gain. I'm an active person, but I have gained about 5-10 pounds in the past month whilst working out every day. The only benefit of this pill is my period was much lighter and only lasted 3-5 days. Overall, it hasn't been worth it. Thinking of switching immediately after I finish the second pack.

Greypolopony | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/17/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

This pill should be taken off the market! My insurance sneakily changed me to it about a year ago because it was cheaper than what I was taking and my doctor told me not to worry about it. It made me CRAZY; sudden marathon crying, mood swings, depression, hyper aggression. I got sent to therapy and my OBGYN put me on Lexapro because I was hysterical (why didn't she check my birth control?!) Finally I looked it up on this website and realized this is apparently REALLY common! Within two days of switching off it back to my "name brand" birth control I was suddenly sane again. I'm so upset this ruined a year of my life. I bawled my eyes out when I finally realized what my irresponsible doctors had done to me. This pill does prevent pregnancy and makes periods more manageable, but it's not worth riding the crazy train.