I have Secondary-Progressive MS. I have received Solumedrol infusions (2 consecutive days) every six weeks as a sort of "maintainence" therapy for the past 10 years. In conjunction with Amprya (ambulation drug) and Gilenya (MS drug)...the solumedrol infusions help keep my body functioning. It just seems to give my body that "kick start." Whether I am experiencing muscle fatigue.pain.cognative ...

im swelling all over my body started it fore one week iv injection now im having swelling nummess in my face legs coughing dark green flim

Cookie | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/6/2017
Condition: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

I have had SLE since I was 12, I am now 57! This drug worked when nothing else has. It is inexpensive yet they dont use it for SLE much. It had gotten me out of some really bad situations with SLE. There are worse drugs they want to prescribe than this and wish they would not withhold this drug to break the cycle. The Drs. forget that most of us have to work. I have been able to talk this as an out patient at an infusion place. I have 20-30 minutes to get home and stay down till the next day. Dont get up and run around because you feel great after hurting for ever. Its worth to stay down. I have had to take it in the beginning Tues Thurs and Friday 1 gram each day for two months than maint. about every 18months or longer. These Dr. Need to look at this drug more. They need to be more afraid of not using a drug that will get people out of a very bad SLE flare. SLE can get so out of hand if left with symptoms like my mom, it killed in her early 40s from not using enough at only 60 mgs. in the hospital. Drs. need to not be afraid of using this drug. The quality of life this drug gives is worth any side effects.

Hall | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2017
Condition: Eye Disorder

I used this for 10 weeks, one injection per week. Very effective in reducing the exophtalmy - eyes popping out of sockets- but i experienced side effects: joint pains, redness of face, weight gain, irregular and pounding heartbeat for hours. Felt miserable but i no longer have double vision and have recovered my mobility in the eyes as muscle inflammation is gone. Very effective.

justakid | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2016
Condition: Eye Disorder

I had some inflammation in my eye that the prednisone wouldn't help, so I was given this solumedrol and it helped greatly. The swelling is completely gone, however, the nerve is pale. I'm a bit half-blind; however, the vision in my eye is slowly improving now that the swelling is gone. The only bad side effect I experienced was a headache and a slightly higher blood pressure; however, I experienced no other bad side effects.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
11/25/2016
Condition: Thyroid Gland Inflammation

mY FACE SWELLS UP EASILY CAN NOT EAT YOGURT

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/4/2015
Condition: Acute Exacerbation of Multiple Sclerosis

I did a 5 day infusion with each infusion being 1 gram with a 10 minute saline flush, I only have used it IV wise the year I was diagnosed 9 years ago. This time using a port and going in for infusions I had headache, nausea, fatigue, leg and back of neck and across my shoulders at one it hurt to have my skin touched. I am at 10 days since the treatment began and I have only a sore tongue still and sore throat, not sure if that is related or not