i HATE THE SHAKING,AND I LOSE MY BALANCE ALOT.

I agree with the an earlier review. I have had problems with headaches, grinding my teeth and blinking my eyes alot, kinda like a tick. Which causes joint and jaw pain. I am also having problems with my memory and getting worse everyday. I actually forgot how old I was today. I told someone I was 2 years younger than I am.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/19/2015
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

This medicine is extremely effective, and I highly reccomend it!

Ann | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/20/2014
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I am taking this medication for Bipolar Disorder II, which means that although I cycle from depression to mania, I don't have illusions and I never do anything that is extremely destructive to myself. I have had the side effect of grinding my teeth, tightening my jaw and sucking or grinding the sides of my cheeks into my teeth. As a result, the inside of my mouth is always sore. When I first started taking it, it negatively impacted my driving. I wasn't as aware as I should have been and found myself cutting people off, running into curbs and once backed into another car because I didn't notice it. Fortunately, this has subsided and I am once again a safe driver. My cycles are better with it, but not gone. The doctor added Abilify during the last two yeaers and I was doing great. During the last two weeks I have tried eliminating the Abilify, as it is so expensive. I have now felt quite depressed, overwhelmed and edgy for about a week. Definitely going back on the Abilify. As I have never tried Abilify without the Lamictal, it might just be that the Abilify is what is "fixing" me and the Lamictal is doing nothing. When I am good and stable again with the Abilify, I might try leaving off the Lamictal to see what happens.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/12/2014
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

I have been on this medication for 2 and a half years. I take the XR 200 mg once a day. I am happy to say I completed one whole year seizure free August the 7th. Although I do not suffer from bipolar depression or anything like that, I find that if I take an extra pill when I feel irritable or if I have a really bad migraine, I feel sooo much better. Although I do have a horrible memory. I thought it was just me, but reading the reviews made me feel better because I know I'm not crazy. The generic is no good for me. I had really bad side effects, so I wouldn't take it, that's why I've only been seizure free for a year because I refused to take the generic. But since I've been on the brand name I have never felt better.

kellygirl 741 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/9/2013
Condition: Simple Partial Seizures
grsmith5667 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/24/2012

I began taking this medication about a year ago due to black-out seizures and rage. I haven't had ANY episodes since the start of the medication. I take 100mg 1x day, but I did have to start taking it at night as it made me drowsy... I take it with 50mg of benadryl at night and sleep better than I have in years.