Was sick for five days. High fever, infected sinuses, clogged ears, sore throat, wheezing. It was bad. I finally broke down and went to the doctor during my lunch break. He gave me a Z-Pack and within two hours of taking the first dose, I started to improve. It's now day three and I am nearly cured, just a little left-over congestion and a light cough.

Azithromycin 250mg. was given to me for Acute Bronchitis along with Prednisone. The 1st round of medicine was in early Oct. 2012. After taking the antibiotic for 2 days I got painful sores inside my mouth, on lips, cheeks and tongue. It did not cure the Bronchitis so 3 weeks later my Dr. put me on it again. The same thing happened with the sores in my mouth so I am sure it is the Azithromycin 250m...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2022
Condition: Bronchitis caused by the Bacteria Haemophilus Influenzae

I was prescribed this medication for bronchitis, and while it did take the heaviness in my chest and clear up most of the mucus, I have been experiencing the worst dizziness ever since starting it! I am currently at the ER because it’s been three days and it’s making me anxious that I can’t even sleep.

M. Ngemu | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/23/2022
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

A Doctor prescribed me this tablet. On 2nd day of using it i remember it was during noon i started feeling boating, heart burn, also felt like something big stuck in my stomach and is about to explode me up from inside, on same evening i went for toilet but it very difficult to pass stool and when it came out certain amount of blood its came out... N i was like what hell is going on with me, so i ran for hospital but unfortunately there was no doctor so i conveyed pharmacist about my situation, then he suggested me withdraw medication. I did the same... Since after that day i get constipated now its almost one month with no improvement, I also started having piles! I have fixed an appointment with doctor tomorrow for the same. Read More Read Less

Tiffany Lambert | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2022
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I started to not be able to hear out my ear so I went to urgent care they said I had a massive ear infection otitis externa and I was prescribed this medication with ear drops as well and the azithromicin I feel like made it worse I had 7 days of it and my ear by then hurt so bad by day 6 of the antibiotics it swelled and I went to the emergency room they said I had to see a ear specialist it didn't clear up the infection so they put my on the 500 MG another 10 days of it still can't hear on the second round pain and swelling finally has gone down but a couple hours after I take it I get this severe stomach cramping and I'm currently pregnant with twins as well it just has not been a good experience with the medicine but it's the only one I can take allergic to amoxacilian and penicillin Read More Read Less

Arisa | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/13/2022
Condition: Chlamydia Trachomatis Infection of Female Pelvic Organs

I did not know that I had to eat before taking this and around 40 ish minutes later I ate spicy food for dinner after taking it and let me tell you I had the worst nausea and I vomited. Still currently dizzy but yeah definitely eat and drink lots of water before taking it.

Barbara | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2022
Condition: Infection of the Middle Ear caused by Streptococcus

I waited too long to call the Dr but when he sent this out with presidone, it helped my breathing and cough within 2 days. We think I had the end of covid, had all shots. For me it's a life saver. I take with food otherwise I feel more nasua. I am taking 2nd prescription to make sure this gets rid of it. Not related to medicine but this virus has made me extremely weak. But feel like each day is better. Best medicine for what I needed. I'm 74.

CJK | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/7/2022
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I was put on a Z-PAC 5 day regimen and on my second day I started get a burning feeling in my stomach 20 minutes after taking it. I made sure I eat before taking it. I have one more day left . So the only side affect I have is the burning in my stomach. My sinus congestion is clearing up. So I believe it’s a good medication to take for sinus infection. I hope I don’t have to take it again. ??

Loni1982 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/17/2021
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

2nd day on it, went to ER earlier feeling like I was going to die, dizzy, stomach pain, couldn’t stand, body was shaking uncontrollably!! No thanks

Saturday | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/26/2021
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Legionella Pneumophila Bacteria

AWFUL!!! My doctor has prescribed 3 days pack azythromicin for pneumonia with green sputum and severe throat pain. Took it the first day and the sideeffects didn't appear at once. After some time I had skin itching, stomach pain/cramps, pins and needles in feet, heart rhythm changes, insomnia, nervousness. I woke up in each mornings as if I have been a heavy drinking those 3 days. In the 4 day the sideffects such as pins and needles and stomachache started to subside a little bit but heart arrhythmia and excess sweating continued. On the day 3-4 it cleared the green sputum but woke up with sore throat and fever and diarrhea. I will never use it again! It's toxic! I strongly recommend to find alternatives before taking azythromicin!Read More Read Less

Tmart | 19-24 | Male | Patient
5/27/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I was diagnosed with strep throat. The infection went away on day three, but came back as soon as I took my last dose. The infection has actually moved to the other side of my mouth and gotten worse. I was given a second prescription. However, on my first dosage I am supposed to take two, I am on my second prescription and not gotten any better if not worse. I believe the strep has become immune. The only reason I am taking this is because I am allergic to amoxicillin.

bremor | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I ended up in the ER a few hours after taking this medication for a sinus infection. My heart rate and blood pressure went up to 178/98 blood pressure and 130 pulse at resting. They are usually normal. I was kept overnight for evaluation. The cardiologist that saw me had no idea why this happened.

pepto-man | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/30/2021
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Chronic Bronchitis

I get those annoying "ahem" coughs that last forever and have taken azithromycin for them. The first time was okay, just a little diarrhea on the first day. It worked though. The second time was much worse, I had basically every symptom, and have been nursing a bottle of peptobismol just to keep my guts inside. Anyways, my cough seems to be getting better, but I have to figure something out because this is not a drug you want to take a lot.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/20/2021
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Chronic Bronchitis

my Dr. has put me on this and said I will probably be on it permanently. He claims it's building anti bodies. I worry about long term effects.I do have to admit though, that it has kept me out of hospital for recurring lung infections.

src | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/15/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

It did help from the first dose which is a double dose on day one. And it caused upper stomach pain, bad at times. Diarrhea and orange stools as well. Other than that it worked great for my severe sinus infection. I have had Z-packs for years. Always worked great. Sometimes would need a second round of it though to completely knock out the infection.

Hans Castorp | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/8/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Had a horribly blocked nose and mucous in sinuses. This medicine helped me very quickly and I noticed an improvement on the second day and I was perfectly fine by day 5. It really worked for me and the only side effect was slight fatigue, which is to be expected.

T. Thompson | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I had a really bad infection/abscess in my jaw. After 4 days of hoping it would go away on it's own, it started to spread and was clearly evolving into more than just a painful abscess. My doctor prescribed Azithromycin 250 - 5 day pack. After the first day(2-250 tabs) I could feel the abscess shrinking and after my final dose the infection was almost clear. By the second day after finishing the regimen the abscess was completely gone. It worked great for me and there were no side effects to speak of, none of the digestive distress some folks have complained about. Semi-Pro tip: a vegetarian/vegan diet does wonders for your digestive system and your overall well being.Read More Read Less

DoraLeo | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/4/2020
Condition: Strep Throat

I was wowed how my throat felt soo much better after 1st day, by 2nd day i was impressed how my swollen tonsils are now half the size. By day 3 the infection looks to be gone, but boy am i feeling woozy and all the sudden vomited and gurgling stomach and sick. I literally have felt so sick that it scared me. I can't take anymore, calling it quits and hope the bacteria in my throat is completely cleared up.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2019
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Chronic Bronchitis

I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and was prescribed Azithromycin 250 mg tables for a 5 day treatment. The pharmacy tech said to call my ATU clinic for adjustments for Warfarin. ATU clinic had me adjust the warfarin for the 5 days I am on the Zpack and was told to watch for any bleeding or bruising more than normal for the next week. Warfarin and Azithromycin do not act well together, so adjustments need to be made temporarily.

T Girl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2019
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I took this drug for Bartholin’s cyst and I had SEVERE stomach aches accompanied by vomiting. Previously I took the drug for another infection and also had the same issue, resulting in my inducing of vomit. I will NEVER use this drug again.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2019
Condition: Chlamydia Trachomatis Infection of Female Pelvic Organs

Worked great just eat a blan meal before hand and drink lots of water and you will be fine the side effects are well worth a clean test result wrap it before u tap it

Bas | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2019
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

Given for sinusitis. Took them. Got better. BUT. Within day or so. SEVERE PAIN top of thigh to right knee and surrounding muscle. Got a cane to walk. By wk later I could not get up steps could not put any pressure on knee. Walk in clinic. Told I have arthritis. Alls I know this happened when I took this drug. 3 wks now. Still very painful. Can not do steps. Pain lingers long time. So painful coming up steps I thought my knee woukd come out of my leg.