After an accident that occurred, I decided not to take any chances and take Plan B. My "mishap" happened around 1 a.m., so I planned to go to the pharmacy the next morning to purchase Plan B (about 8 hours later). I was a bit nervous to take it because of the side-effects, but in fact, I experienced NONE at all. The negative side of Plan B is that it is fairly expensive (around $50); however, I wo...

I use the nuva ring for birth control. One day after having sex I felt some discomfort so I decided to adjust my nuva ring. To my surprise I could not find it anywhere. So I figured it fell out in a toilet somewhere and took the plan B one step for precaution. I felt really tired for a couple of weeks. Then on 10/22 I was suppose to get my cycle. I started cramping but no cycle. I waited a week an...

Workedforme | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/22/2020
Condition: Postcoital Contraception

Iâ??m 41...took this 48 hours after unprotected sex. I took it the day of ovulation. I was terrified....I just knew I was pregnant. The side effects were bad....if I felt pregnant before,,,,I definitely felt pregnant after taking this. DONT WORRY!!! Thatâ??s how this medicine makes you feel. I had cramps....gas bloating...metallic taste in my mouth...all pregnancy symptoms. I saw where this doesnâ??t work if your ovulating....but I had to try anyway. 40 dollars for the pill is sooo worth it considering how hard having a child is. I didnâ??t get any spotting like some people but 2 days before I was supposed to start....aunt flow came to town. THANK YOU JESUS. Itâ??s a rough period....clots and very heavy with knee crippling cramps....but Iâ??m taking it on like a blessing. Young ladies....donâ??t be dumb like I was and save yourself 3 weeks of stress...use protection or get on the pill. Iâ??m so thankful to have had this option....and it did work for me. 48 hours after the fact and during ovulation.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/10/2019
Condition: Postcoital Contraception

Do not buy this if you have a sense of humanity. I use to take this when I was younger and I used to take it a lot for â??in the momentâ? things. I took it in early February. Started bleeding on February 23rd, thinking it was my period. It continued on until March 7, and by that time I was having lower abdomen pain. I had to go to the ER and it turned out I was pregnant. They wonâ??t tell you this, but emergency contraceptives will cause ectopic pregnancies. I had to have my right Fallopian tube removed. I am a healthy 20 year old woman and the gynecologist said it herself that my uterus is very healthy and there was no way of saying where this came from. Do not risk it if you want to lose your Fallopian tube and risk losing a baby that you couldâ??ve had. Iâ??m never taking plan b again. Itâ??s so easy to get but so new to the world they do not know the lasting side effects it could have on your body. Please do not take this. Think before you have sex. Wear a condom. Donâ??t put this into your body. And if you take it, take it right after you have sex. Not a day after.

Smiller | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/1/2019
Condition: Postcoital Contraception

It worked, but afterwards my period came 1 week early, but the next period came 3 weeks late! Took test not pregnant but still was a little nervous. The pill is effective but may throw your period off.

unknown | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2019
Condition: Postcoital Contraception

me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time without a condom. (stupid i know) he didn't cum inside me but we were worried about precum. I'm not on birth control and i'm 16 years old. Neither, him or I are ready for a baby. The next morning i thought i got my period but i heard you bleed after your first time having sex. I took plan b 17 ish hours later. My period had stopped and waiting for the next 3 weeks for my period to come was awful. i had awful mood swings, i was always tired and got mild cramps. thank god my period came yesterday . I had a really supportive boyfriend through all of this and I can't thank him enough for everything. I will say the period cramps that come with this are AWFUL. I've taken hot showers and baths but hey it's better than being pregnant.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female |
5/4/2017
Condition: Postcoital Contraception

I was looking for reviews for a while trying to find someone who took the pill as late as I did and I couldn't find any so this is my experience. I Had sex a week and a half ago on April 22nd. We didn't use protection and I am not on birth control. It was very in the moment and honestly we had been drinking so I wasn't sure on how sharp his judgement was on pulling out. I ended up taking plan B the following Tuesday night on the 25th so almost 72 hours later which was really cutting it close. I was nervous about it because I had to go to work and still had classes but I ended up feeling fine. I had absolutely no side effects and got my period right on time which was one week after taking the pill.