I take this medicine about one hour before supper it has lower my blood sugar from the four hundred range to around 160 two hours after eating supper it is the best medicine i have been on and i can tell a big different on how i feel after taking this medicine however the medicine is very expensive and i doubt my insurance company well approve me being on this drug as approval by the insurance com...

I have been on onglyza for two years now. It has not brought my sugers down enough to really be worth the pain. I have told the Doctor that I hurt all over. I hurt bad in my lower stomach. She wouldn't take me off of it so two months ago I stopped taking it. I hurt even worse now. I guess my body is in shock or something. It's so bad I ach all over and have trouble getting up even walking is dif...

ursula | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/1/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

my blood sugar goes very very low

James | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/27/2017
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I'm a type 2 diabetic for going on 10 years. I've tried lantus injections and Novolog injections with metformin with some positive results. Then I was prescribed onglyza 2.5 mg and had fantastic results. Just wanted to say Thank you for what I think is the best drug I've tried.

needs a good med | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/23/2017
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

No noticeable difference in BS readings. Headaches, 15 lb weight gain in 6 months, because you are hungry all the time. Added 2 miles a day of walking, or would have gained even more. Headaches, sore throat for months. Expensive...how did this one get by the FDA ?

reviewer diab | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/21/2016
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

A1C 7.8 Added this medication PLUS 3 miles of walking. A1C 5 weeks later: 7.7 Absolutely ineffective. Probably RAISED blood sugar, as I would expect 3 miles of walking to reduce blood sugar more than .1 Not only does not work, but very expensive and dangerous side effects if you read the patient info leaflet.

Pam | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/1/2016
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Terrible Confusion, continuous runny nose, sore throat, headache, arthritis pain became worst Miserable time trying to sleep. I stopped taking after 2 weeks.