I am taking this drug for severe burning of the bottom of my feet and some foot pain. The burning is gone along with the pain. I am not diabetic.

I waqs given Folast as a generic for Metanx, by my pharmacy. It DOES NOT WORK. After 1 week my neuropathy which was under control came raoring back.

Nyliepic | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2011

I have peripheral neuropathy; my feet hurt to the point that it was very painful to walk and they burned at night. I was on METANX, but because of cost, I decided to try FOLAST... thinking it was a genaric for METANX. It is not the same, my pain returned after being on FOLAST. After about 60 days of pain I went back to METANX.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/5/2011
Condition: Increased amount of Homocysteine in the Blood
Dj | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/25/2011

I had a burning sensation in my feet. A podiatrist prescribed Folast and the burning went.away. My sister also had the same problem, so she asked her doctor if she could try it, and she too had good results.

scox69 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient