This is by far THE BEST drug I've ever used for my rheumatoid arthritis. For three and a half months - NO PAIN. I can walk without aching feet and ankles. I can begin to swim again. I am a person. I couldn't be more pleased with these result. Never could I have anticipated this. Previously I had been on Remicade, with relief for about 2-3 years. Then Humira for about 18 months. Next came Orencia ...

I been on this for one month. Day after receiving treatment, my blood pressure went up, severe headaches, and numbness in fingers. Cancelled all appointments for further infusions of actemra.

Mirror | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/13/2019
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Having tried Enbrel, Remicaid, Orencia, Gold, Methotrexate, with varying results over the years (since 1994) my knees inflamed to the size of grapefruits. Then I started Actemra which dramatically reduced inflammation from 90% down to single digits. I could kneel again, take long walks, stand in line, etc. I got my life back. It's been two years now and, unfortunately, the side effects are increasing. Fatigue is significant in that I haven't been able to work due to exhaustion resulting in illness, I developed mouth sores, as well as the usual increased sensitivity to airborne illnesses. I've had shingles and continue to experience rib pain from the latent virus. I'm now in bed with mumps! We will be switching meds this month. So I'm ambivalent. Actemra did a great job reducing inflammation but over time it reduced my immunity to dangerous levels. It's too bad. Actemra was working for me really well.Read More Read Less

Mitchell | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/3/2019
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am a 65 year old female and have been on Actemra by IV for 2years now. This drug has worked awesome for me. Can now lift my arms and walk longer with no pain. Beside mild side effects like sinus pain and mild skin itching Actemra has changed my quality of life for the better. Hope it last longer then the Humira and Simponi

Kathryn R | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/30/2018

i have an artery inflammatory disease that steroids failed to reduce the inflamation

ridenslide | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2017
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

WOW, I've been on many biologics and after the first infusion I'm almost back to my normal self! I hope my body does not build immunity to this one as it has the others. It feels so awesome to feel normal! I had no reaction to the infusion. I've had RA since 2014. My case is considered severe. I've been on Steroids for over a year and able to get off them with the Acterma. I've have tried Methotrexate injections, after a year had to stop those and they were not affective for me. I've tried Orencia, Embrel, Humira and Plaquenil. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/8/2017
Condition: Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis

I have been on every possible drug and drug combination prior to starting Actemra with no success. Since starting on Actemra I have been pain/Inflammation free and in remission. My doctor has also pushed back my infusions from every 4 weeks to every 6 weeks since it seems to be the drug that finally worked for me

JRR | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/11/2017
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

OK, not to brag but I've been on Actemra for 4 1/2 years and for the last 2 years, I've been in total remission! Now I pump weights 5 days a week and we walk or hike nearly every day of the week, which (I'm sure) helps. After several years of unsuccessful solutions, Actemra works for me!

ColoradoRAFighter | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/18/2016
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Failed Enbrel and methotrexate, had Vectra test revealing high RA disease activity with Interleukin 6 as culprit. Started Actemra self injections. After 6th injection, I had improvement in joint pain, stiffness and fatigue. It continues to work. Only side effect has been an occasional mild headache. The Vectra test and Actemra have changed my life!

dli | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2016
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have been on Actemra IV for five months. There hasn't been any reduction in my RA symptoms. I have experienced increased joint pain after my infusion and Actemra has caused my blood pressure to skyrocket resulting in two BP med changes, so I will be changing to Rituxamab.

Atan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/6/2015
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was initially on the clinical trial for three years. I am now in my sixth year. It has been a miracle for me. I was unable to raise my arms for years. Now I can with relative ease.

Jeff's RA | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/11/2015
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Actemra is almost a life saver for me. It has given me my life back. Before Actemra I didn't have any energy to do anything after working my job all day. I needed 12 to 14 hours of sleep just to feel rested, which can't be done and work full time. All I did was go home after work, eat supper and go to bed. On my days off at best I would accomplish one minor activity before having to stop for the day. And the RA was spreading from my fingers, hands and wrists to my toes. Always in some amount of pain even taking a 24 hour prescription pain med. Now I've been using Actemra for a few months and I have energy again. A lot of times I feel nearly normal. It's wonderful to have my life back. I am grateful for Actemra. Read More Read Less

cmack4444 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2015
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was diagnosed with RA 40 years ago so have tried a lot of different treatments. This is my second biologic. This drug has been completely ineffective and I am experiencing a level of inflammation that I haven't seen in at least 20 years. I had a terrible time getting the drug from the drug company and it wasn't until my rheumatologist stepped in that I was able to fill the prescription. I am counting the days until my next appointment so that I can get off this terrible drug.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/7/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

This has been life changing for me. Nothing else has worked. Combinations, methotrexate none of them helped. Have some hair loss but methotrexate started this. Weight gain possibly but I feel that the Actemra makes you feel so much better that you start feeling normal again and blow the diet out the window!So whether y weight gain can be attributed to it I don't think so as I now eat more than before it. Still some niggly aches but nothing like what I had before. Have removed myself from prednisolone and the actemra is all I have now. So very successful. I pray it keeps working.Read More Read Less

Stephanie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
8/11/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

My daughter has had arthritis since 4th grade, and nothing but cortisone shots ever helped her UNTIL ACTEMRA. She has been getting infusion for almost a year now. All her joints are affected with arthritis, except her back. She was told she would have to have a hip replacement by the time she was 18. She is 17, and doing AMAZING because of ACTEMRA!! Her doctor just smiles at each visit and shakes his head in amazement, because it is like she is healed! Her range of motion is normal now! We are so happy:) Finally, after all these years, they found what works for her. We tried methotrexate, Enbrel, Orencia, but nothing helped. Enbrel actually made her worse. It locked her joints up. I hope more people will get to try ACTEMRA and it will help them, also. A nurse that was involved in a pediatric study of ACTEMRA told me that when it works, it works VERY WELL, and she has seen the miracle of children in wheelchairs able to walk:) I believe it!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/8/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have my stiffness/pain gone and range of motion back. feel fuctioning again. I am currently needing a dose (3 weeks late - going on 4)

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/4/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

When biologics failed me after only 2 years I chose Actemra because of the few side effects. Other than a headache and sometimes fatigue the day of the infusion and my cholesterol slowly creeping up I have virtually no side effects and my RA is pretty well controlled. It definitely compromises your immune system so you must be vigilant, but compared to previous drugs' side effects and looking at my quality of life, I'm very pleased.

IrishPapa | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/22/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

After serveral years on many different biologic's with no success. Actemra has been AWESOME! Other than usual morning stiffness, most symptoms has been resolved.

vrs | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/20/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Started Actemra after spending 2 years cycling through most biologic meds commonly prescribed for RA- Humira, Simponi, Enbrel, Orencia- which had no effect. 6 months in with Actemra infusion and I am feeling very good. I cannot recommend this enough for those suffering with systemic on-set juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. This has completely taken away my rash and fevers, and helped tremendously with the pain and swelling. Of course still have bad days, but overall am very pleased with Actemra.

Lmc | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/20/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Cannot say enough good things about this drug. Where nothing else worked (embril, humera, metho, symponi, and of course prednisone) actemra has truly put things back to normal. Going in for the infusions is a pain, but completely worth it. I went from barely being able to walk at 29yrs to being very active at 31 and even going for multi mile runs! No side effects as far as I can tell, maybe sleeping extra soundly the day of the infusion.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
3/10/2014
Indigoem1 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/9/2014
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Started with JRA at 2yrs old about 31 years ago. Today I am still fighting the activity and pain from destroyed joints. Back when I was younger they would give aspirin and gold, and today I am paying for it. Every time a new drug would come out I would go on it. It resulted in either bad side effects or lack of effectiveness. Taking prednisone most of my life has killed my body, so I'm forced to be on a lower dose. I can no longer walk and am at the mercy of my loved ones. So when you add everything up, along with other diseases I've picked up over the years, it is hard to judge what is doing what. The only thing I can go by is how I feel! So, on actemra, at the beginning I felt some relief in my neck and ankles. I was hoping that it just needed more time to accumulate in my body. I was wrong. It didn't get any better. In fact, I never needed a calender to tell me my next infusion date because my body did it for me. Around a week before infusion time I would get so achy, and could not get out of bed. The only great thing about Actemra was the lack of severe side effects. I mean of course, their are always side effects, it's part of life when on RA drugs! However, the only side effect I had was being extremely tired after the infusion. So, in result, I totally wrote too much that no one will ever read! I just wanted you to understand that this is my story with Actemra. My story, my body! Just because it didn't work for me does not mean the same for you. We all have taken different paths with our disease... Maybe this path is right for you! Read More Read Less