I have been on this medication for approximately 6 weeks. I have tried several other cholesterol meds but nothing worked and I had extreme joint pain while on the other meds. After one month, my cholesterol dropped from 260 to 140. My tri dropped from 390 to 240. My dr also had me take 5000 units of Vitamin D one week prior to starting the Livalo and continuing for two weeks after I started th...

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANY MEDICATION THAT TORTURES ANIMALS. LIVALO STATES IN TESTS ON DOGS. I'M SURE THE POOR DOGS ARE SUFFERING AND PROBABLY BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO ARE MISSING THEIR PETS. [email protected] I WOULD LIKE A RESPONCE, BUT I AM SURE YOU WON'T RESPOND.

RTs64 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/17/2021
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I have been on this drug for two months and I am having mental breakdowns, angry and anxious. Pains in my calves and a ringing in my ear. Ian scared to go anywhere.

Ella | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/7/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

I can not take anything with a statin in it. This was supposed to be for people like me who can't handle statins. This has a low dose of statins in it. I took it for 1 month. I felt like I was 90 years old. Every joint and muscle ached severely. My vision was blurred and I got dizzy spells. I had to walk with someone holding my arm so I wouldn't fall. I had difficulty even lifting my foot up to a street curb and needed help. My entire body was racked with pain. I gave up on it after 1 month. The day I stopped taking it, the pain lessened. By day 2 off of it, I could get out of bed on my own and by day 3 off of it, the pain went away. It took about 2 weeks off of it before my vision started to clear up and get better. This was about the worst experience I have had with a med. The side effects were even worse than when I took a full statin med like Lipitor.

Marie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/17/2019
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I have tried just about every statin and I was miserable. Body aches. Malaise. Limb pain. It was nuts. FINALLY after 6 years of trying this ad that statin, my PA decided...let's try LIVALO. At first I fought it...thinking, NO NO NO! I don't want to feel like manure again! She convinced me and put me on the low dose of 2mg nightly. WELL...been on it for over a year without ANY issues. Very happy with it! BTW...my levels are "AWESOME" ... according to my PA! :)

Diana | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/3/2019
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Statin intolerant. Put on Livalo and experienced heart palpitations so bad to the point I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. Stopped taking livalo and was put on generic zetia which did not lower cholesterol. Was put back on Livalo and experienced the same strong heart palpitations. I saved myself $2,200 and didn't go to the ER again and waited over an hour for the heart palpitations to go away. Stopped taking livalo again and now waiting to see what the dr will put me on next. :/

Lorraine | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/6/2019
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Since taking Livalo-my Triglyceride Level and Cholesterol (bad) Level have decreased. I took several different cholesterol drugs prior with poor results and many side effects. I have not experienced any muscular or joint pain, headaches, or other effects. I also take Fenofibrate with Livalo. I have experienced an elevation in my Liver Enzymes - I have stopped taking any Tylenol. The enzyme level is coming down. So, I am not sure yet (if there is a connection to Livalo or Fenofibrate) to elevated enzymes.