I have nerve damage in my feet. The pain was so bad that I had to soak my feet in ice every night. My doctor said it would take a while before I notice the med working. Not sure of the exact timeframe, but somewhere after month 3 the pain disappeared. In my opinion, this is a great drug; when you can go to sleep at night without pain and ice.

Ihave been taking this drug for about three days now. I don't know why my doctor ordered it for me. I don't notice anything from taking it. It's like taking nothing.

llcpld | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2011

DrLewie | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2011

Although this drug is available, I just did a search on the FDA web site and this drug is NOT listed. The manufacturer of Metanx says generics of their product are not available, so I would do more research before using this product.

Ginny Warnes | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient