I have been taking the Heather tablet (generic for Nor-Q-D) for the past 4 months strictly for birth control reasons. Pros: I haven't gotten pregnant, haven't noticed any weight gain or acne, and no issues with blood clots. Cons: lots of sporadic spotting - very frustrating! I have to set an alarm to remind myself to take the pill at the same time every day & even then I forget fairly often...

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/5/2022

My doctor changed me to Heather, unexpectedly. Didnt even know she was doing it until I picked up my refill of BC. Ive been on it for only 2 months and its terrible. Constant spotting and severe cramping, almost everyday. My breast have been very tender as well. Cant even wear a bra some days. Definitely going to stop this if my doctor ever calls me back.

Emma | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/19/2022

I've been in the pill for about 10 months and it's been wonderful. I can't speak for everyone but I haven't had any side effects so far! Besides crying super easily (I don't get more sad I just tear up more often) I use it to regulate my periods, so I don't know about the effectiveness because I'm not sexually active but it's done a pretty okay job at preventing my period! I only seem to get one once every 3 months or so, so I've only had my it like 3 or 4 times since I've started it!

Brenda | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2022

I haven’t gotten pregnant but I also haven’t had the urge to do anything to get pregnant … My hair is falling out in clumps. I’ve never ever had acne, and my face is covered since about a week after I started this … didn’t have a period for 5 months and out of no where had a horrible pain and passed a large clot. My mood is scary compared to any time ever in my life. I haven’t quit taken it yet because I have a bunch of children and am 33 and do not want anymore children but I’m realizing after reading everyone’s review here it has to be from this birth control. Read More Read Less

Heathersucks | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/9/2022

I am currently pregnant, I took this pill every day, some way, some how, I am pregnant. Thanks heather.

Satisfied | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/14/2020

I began taking this bc when I turned 35 because at the time, I was a smoker. I stopped getting my periods and it is absolutely wonderful! I haven't had a period for 2 years now!

Allison | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/25/2020

I've been on it two months and have been bleeding and cramping for most of that time. When it coincided with my actual period I spent four days in bed, crying for no reason. Also, my menstrual cup is not working well anymore. Could that be a side effect? I read somewhere about hormones changing the shape of the cervix, which could prevent a good seal with the cup, so..maybe???? My doctor is no help. I was told to stick with it and no discussion of side effects. I'll give it a couple more months because I am running out of options.Read More Read Less

Sam | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/17/2020

I have factor 5 so this was my only choice of birth control in a pill form that was available for me. I took this for just over a year, and it changed my mental being to the point where I didn’t feel like myself at all. I started crying for no reason, having panic attacks, thinking irrationally, and becoming depressed and having extremely disturbing thoughts. I know myself very well and I know what I was like before taking this pill, and I was becoming something frightening. I quit this pill and bought a Lady Comp, because I had no other option for a pill and this was a natural way of “birth control”. I recommend everyone to switch to a Lady Comp because it’s worth your mental stability. I’m sorry to anyone that feels like this is your only option for a contraceptive. There are other options, so don’t be discouraged. Read More Read Less

Rhirch01 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/17/2019

Horrible. It does nothing to reduce bleeding or cramping. I'm not pregnant so it is effective in that area. I have a period every two weeks and I'm fed up.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/27/2019

Started Heather because I am in my late 40s. Dr stated I shouldn't take estrogen based birth control. I have been on this mini pill for 3 months. Acne is awful. But my periods used to be almost non existent 2 days max. Now I get my period every 3 weeks and it's super heavy and lasts for 8 days! I hate this pill!

amandaa128 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/22/2019

I was on this drug for about a year and I can't get off of it fast enough. My gyno warned me about how it might cause issues with my weight & skin and IT REALLY DID. I gave myself enough time to let my body become used to it but the symptoms only got worse. I gained 30 pounds in a year, so much of my hair keeps falling out and my skin is the worst its ever been. Its so embarrassing to walk around with this much hormonal acne, it wasn't even this bad as a teen. I know to avoid mini pills from now on. This was a horrible experience and I can only hope my skin recovers from this and I can work off the weight.Read More Read Less

Cam | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/8/2018

I started Heather a year ago after beginning a serious relationship. I am unable to take estrogen due to migrants and have tried multiple BC methods. It was okay at first with some break through bleeding and mild mood swings. About 5 months ago I started getting my periods every other week, lasting anywhere between 8-11 days, I have terrible acne, I have been losing my hair , sex has become terribly painful and I feel like I am always on an emotional roller coaster. I stopped taking this BC a week ago and have found major improvements in my mood and a decrease in pain during sex , I am waiting f on the other symptoms to subside .Read More Read Less

gg | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/24/2018

I am on this drug to stop the bleeding from a post menopause . It has helped my sex life tremendous. I am no longer dry inside and no more pain from intercourse. It really has me hot as a firecracker in bedroom. Hubby loves it.

Melissa | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/20/2017

I am extremely sensitive to estrogen (it makes my chronic migraines 1000 times worse). I had the implant in my arm last year for six months and it made my headaches unbearable, I'm talking ER visits every other week. Heather has worked really well for me, I have been on it for 7 months and have had no negative side effects (and no unwanted pregnancies of course). It's completely stopped me from having a period which is great on one hand, but on the other hand, I do have to worry about getting pregnant and not knowing. I take a pregnancy test every month just to be sure everything is still A-OK! But anyways, if you have chronic migraines like me, I highly suggest you talk to your doctor about trying Heather!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/13/2017

I love this pill. I take even though my husband has had surgery because it helps with my mood. I also take it because I do not menstruate but maybe once a year and it is very light.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/30/2016

I take it everyday at the same time, with food, and I get nauseous everyday in the afternoon and I get headaches. If I don't take 2 ibuprofen and a Pepcid with it my next day will be terrible. I've been on it for a month now.

H-bomb | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2016

I've been on Heather for two months and I HATE IT. I was on Lyza before (Heather is a generic) & didn't have problems. On my 2nd week of Heather I began my period (came on very fast & unexpected) & it lasted for two solid weeks, very heavy. I am having constant headaches and my mood swings are terrifying, I've even thought that suicide was a good idea because I was tired of dealing with day to day life. My doctor put me on Heather because my BP was pre-hypertensive but I read online that high BP is a side effect of this drug. Needless to say, I'm making an appt with my doctor & hoping to get off this pill ASAP.Read More Read Less

k9096 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2016

Most of the reviews on this BC are fairly negative, but it's important to realize that most people only want to leave reviews if they great or horrible experiences. I'm sensitive to estrogen, so Heather worked perfectly for me. It's pretty standard, you have to remember to take it at the exact same time every day. It was affordable for me and I had absolutely no negative side effects. My breast got a bit sensitive for the first month or so. My period also disappeared which could be a good or bad thing. I took it as a good thing. It was a decent birth control and it did the job.Read More Read Less

KellyLynnM | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/15/2016

I have been taking this pill for years but I have noticed back acne, bloating, and fatigue. I'm going to talk to my gynecologist about going off of the pill all together. I can't take anything with estrogen and this is really frustrating because I never used to have these issues.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/21/2016

You never know when you will be on your period. I took pregnant tests to be safe and not pregnant just be 2-3 weeks late. I been on it 3 months so far. I have gained so much weight from using this kind. I hate it but have no other choice to take it doctor orders.

StefaniR | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/3/2015

I have been on this about 5 months and my hair is falling out like crazy! It's gotten so thin. Has anyone else experienced this?