All I can say is WOW!!! Echoing what some others have said. Armour just "stopped working" and it seemed to add unpleasant side effects: hair falling out, inability to concentrate, cold hands and feet, no (zero, zilch, nada) libido. This past year 2013 - 2014 I swear that it seemed to taste chalkier (like a poofy pillow) and like what ever they were using to "bind it" was keeping me from bei...

OMG! I stopped taking this drug today . After reading all the dozens of reviews. I could not figure out why I was so depressed the last 3 months as well as massive hair loss! The last prescription that I picked up smelled like a dead fish! I also read in fine print that it is NOT FDA approved?? Are docs getting a kick back to prescribe this drug??

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/26/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

This medication is dangerous. I experienced horrible side effects that I personally felt was detrimental to my health and possibly my life. I had extreme anxiety, severe sleeplessness, sweating, chest tightness and im a very fit and active person with no health issues except my low thyroid and NP thyroid literally put my wellbeing in serious jeopardy. This medication is no joke. Its dangerous and I would strongly recommend not taking it. The inconsistencies in the efficacy of the product has been under radar as well. Physicians Pay attention to NP thyroid . Read More Read Less

plb | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/30/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

The med does smell but it is easily dissolvable, has fewer side effects that other meds I have tried (levothyrozine, amour, nature thyroid), and my levels are acceptable. I still often have fatigue and brain fog.

Jake | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Worst experience of my life!!!! After a week of switching to np thyroid I started experiencing severe central sleep apnea. Then I started experiencing anxiety. Then came the panic attacks. Finally I ended up in an ambulance from work, when I lost consciousness. Blood pressure through the roof. I went to so many different doctors I depleted 10 years of savings. All the while my thyroid labs stayed in normal ranges, but my t3 stayed at the high end of normal. Stopped taking it, and I started to feel like a normal person again. This is garbage medicine!!! I would recommend not taking it. It’s ruined my life. Read More Read Less

Clementine | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/25/2021

This is an illegally marketed drug! Besides, desiccated thyroid is forbidden by the American Thyroid Association. For good reason. T3 converts to t4, thats why you should just be taking t4. If you need t3 because a t4 conversation problem they will give you this separate. desiccated thyroid is from a pig and you don't know the ratio you are getting. Besides there are other components of a pigs thyroid that is not the same as humans. I leaned this after being hospitalized with atrial fib from this medication 4 times, I went from being a runner to barely walking with severe muscle weakness, frozen shoulder in both arms and the triggering of Graves because I am auto immune and made me hyperthyroid triggering Graves. Very dangerous med, a good doctor who knows what he is doing won't give out desiccated thyroid. Read More Read Less

victim | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

This thyroid medication was responsible for causing a horrible pseudo gout attack that I have never had before. This was verified by my physician. This medication should be recalled.

Rach | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/14/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I will say that the first day it made me nauseous but I learned from that and took it with APPLESAUCE the second day and have zero problems since then. I’ve battled debilitating fatigue, mental fog, being cold to my core, and every other symptom there is, I can’t tell you what a difference this has made in my life in a matter of days, it’s life changing.

Madtownbucky | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/2/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

This medication is causing me to suffer from extreme nausea and debilitating anxiety.

MelAnie | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/6/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I started taking this med 1 month ago and I feel almost 100% better. Ya it does smell but who the heck just sits and smells it. So who cares! But one thing I donâ??t like is My whole body has started to swell. My whole body. My head looks like itâ??s sitting on a neck pillow and my anklet looks like and ankle choker. I canâ??t even get my ring off. I swelled with the generic brand so I switched to Synthroid. I had no swelling and I was o k feeling for a little bit but still NO energy. So I switched again to the NP Thyroid. I feel good, just so swollen!Read More Read Less

paigey | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

So far, I have constant headache, stomach sounds like it’s boiling/ gastrointestinal issues, acid reflux and my stomach is bloated. Formally on Naturethroid and forced to switch.

MizD | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Have taken this once. As someone who has been on thyroid medication for over 35 years, I cannot understand why this medication would be recommended for anyone. It not only tastes and smells horrible, it lingers and is making me feel like throwing up. Having read about others hair falling out and the recall of some batches of this product, I am done taking it now forever. There has to be something better than this.

Alana | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I have not been taking this long enough to see changes. However, it smells HORRID. All of the reviews of it smelling like cat urine is 100% accurate. I literally just searched "why does NP" - and google finished it with "smell like cat pee". It is disgusting. Tastes like the smell too. I just throw it as far back down my throat as I can and chug a bunch of lemon water then I am good. So nasty.

Ozzy | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/10/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I have been using this drug for the last 7 months. It has corrected t3-t4 levels but at the end of 7 months i had a 3*3 inch bold spot in my sculp! Is this normal or is there anyone who have the same side effect? I stopped taking it and switched to my levithyroxine which was my previous one for the last 25 years.

kerriB | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

the smell NEVER leaves you...it's on your breathe, in your mouth, in your nose, you can smell it all day..it's horrible.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Horrible, horrible medicine. I took this for 3 days by accident, as I had my Armour filled and somehow it got switched to this horrible medication. I should have looked closer to the label. I have been treated for migraines and pain- this is all from taking three pills. Almost went to the er because the pain was so bad and the migraines have almost put me under. Even with rx migraine and pain medicine, I am still in BAD shape. My left ha f is also numb. I am a 34 year old otherwise healthy female. Never had migraines in my life until now. Horrible medicine. Iâ??m going to do whatever I can to report this crap. Beware!!!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/20/2020
StaceyS | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Iâ??m embarrassed that itâ??s taken me 3 weeks to finally stop taking this drug. My pharmacist switched to Acella NP Thyroid from Armour and due to trying to get out of pharmacy quickly due to Covid I didnâ??t notice until I got home. It smells like cat urine and tastes terrible. I have gotten progressively more fatigued to the point of spending the past 2 days in bed. I started reading up on this version of thyroid medication and realize that the early bloating I experienced was common to others taking this drug as well. I just assumed it was because of something different I had eaten or stress. I feel terrible and want my energy back.Read More Read Less

Blackbird | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/22/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

This medication has my levels corrected, but the last few months I've noticed a stinky "fishy" smell when opened, and now my breath and other areas are also smelling like old fried bacon... or worse. Not acceptable! Wonder now if it's as effective as before.

KaciNC | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/27/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I had a partial thyroidectomy years ago, and my other globe has shrunk considerably. I've been on desiccated thyroid meds for 14 years. I've been happy with NP Thyroid 120 mg until it started smelling and tasting like the smell of cat urine. The smelly version doesn't seem as potent, either. I'm now on 150 mg.

Alan | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/17/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

So far, this medication is still working for me. My TSH did jump from .98 to 2.50, so my dose was upped from 75mg to about 95mg. My numbers are good and I feel good. This is the new NP, I ran out of the old NP many months ago.

alicewonders | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/16/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I would give NO STARS if i could. It smells/tastes/aftertaste like cat urine. I noticed after taking just one it made my body odor stronger more pungent and my urine now smells like cat urine too. Also, my hypo symptoms are back and I get a migraine after taking my dose.