Started 5mg finasteride for BPH couple years ago. I was miserable...2-3 bathroom trips nightly, discomfort in testicles (like I'd been kicked) and worst of all, blood in ejaculate that turned it brown. The latter thoroughly disgusted my wife and me. Took a few months to kick in, but now bathroom trips are 1-2, discomfort and blood are gone. Hooray! Downside is same as others have mentioned.....ge...

MH | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/24/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I took the 1mg Finasteride for 6 months for hair loss last year, despite my doctors apprehension to prescribe it. Honestly, while I was taking it, I didn't feel any of the serious side effects except for the occasional soreness in the testicles, which I didn't know was a result of the drug until now. On day one, however, I did notice a lack of erection and semen, but I think that was a result of me psyching myself thinking about the side effects rather than the drug actually affecting me. I did not feel anything again afterwards and I had no problem getting an erection or ejaculating. My hair, though, man oh man, I had no idea at the time how thick and full it had gotten! However, because my hair was still falling after taking it for 6 months, albeit at a reduced rate, I thought the drug wasn't really working for me so well. And when I had my consultation with my doctor at the 6 month mark, she was concerned about the sexual side effects, even though I hadn't experience any up to that point, she recommended I stop taking the drug considering my age. I was hesitant to stop but I agreed because, again, at the time I didn't think the drug was working for me. Obviously now I am regretting it because my hair at the crown is thinning and there is more receding hairline. I am thinking about getting back on the drug, but I am concerned if the side effects will suddenly kick in this time if I take it.

MW | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Being a 49 yr. old male with thinning hair I decided to try 1mg of finasteride daily. After the 2nd month I started feeling anxious and a little down. I had a upset stomach and my libido was decreasing. I was starting to see some new growth at 3 months but I was seriously getting depressed and feeling very tired. I wanted to be one of the lucky guys who didn't get side effects and had/kept an open mind. I think my hair was filling in at crown area, so I do believe this drug is good for growing hair and keeping what you have. Just be careful and monitor your mood and sexual side effects. I am very disappointed I cant tolerate this medication because it seemed to grow hair well.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2020
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

Using for BPH, seems to be helping

Severe nighttime urges | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/7/2019
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

Have had BPH for 14-years or so. After my prostate MRI the doctor prescribed. After 2-weeks I had severe urges to simultaneously urinate

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
9/9/2019
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

Causes increased breast enlargement, not good and I don't know that it helps with urination problems!