I had a severe cough (due to bronchitis) that kept me from sleeping at night. After the first dose of medicine, I felt my urge to cough wasn't as bad. By the next day, my coughing had substantially decreased. I still have some coughing fits, but they are less often and defiantly not as severe. I drink A LOT of water and that seems to help as well. The liquid tastes horrible, but it's a small pric...

Normden | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2020
Condition: Cough

Used this med for 5 days to reduce cough due to allergies; especially night-coughing. Worked well.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/26/2016
Condition: Cough

This medicine did not help my ongoing cough at all. I kept trying it but still was up all night coughing until a week later at least.

Clevor | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/4/2015
Condition: Cough

Several reviewers have said this cough medicine doesn't work. I thought so too the first time I tried it. But you have to keep trying it and not give up after one dose. I caught a flu which gave me horrific coughing fits. I would get up at 2-3 AM in the morning and could hardly breath due to the coughing fits. At first I thought it was acid reflux and I bought a wedge pillow which did not help. My doc gave me antibiotics which solved the problem, which means I may have had strep throat. I figured maybe that's why this medication didn't work. 6 months later caught the same flu. Coughing fits were so bad I thought I had to go to ER to get meds since would have to wait till 3 the next day to see my ENT. So I decided to try this cough medicine once again and it worked! Had a coughing fit at 11 PM, took one teaspoon, and I was able to sleep the rest of the night without disturbance. You only need to take a teaspoon every 6 hrs which isn't too bad. The OTC stuff you need to take every 4 hours which is a PITA.

Ms. PA | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/3/2015
Condition: Cough

Not only did my cough get worse after I took this, it also kept me up all night. This drug is useless.

adb | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/24/2015
Condition: Cough

Perscribed 5 ml at bedtime. Two hour later my cough has not gotten better. No side effects good or bad. Absolutely no change at all. Being that its categorized as a narcotic in my state i hoped id at least get to sleep for the first time in 5 nights.