Don't be scared by all these reviews. Happy people don't write reviews lol. I have been taking this for 3 months with the biggest issue being breakthrough bleeding/spotting. It's tolerable and otherwise side effects have been OK. I gained maybe two pounds and I think it was all in my boobs.

At first, I loved this form of birth control, I was actually loosing weight. Small break through bleeding, no acne, no cramping, great libido, everything was fine for me. Well I ran out of the 5 samples I received from my doctor and I recently switched to the generic form of lo-loestrin due to insurance and costs. It's been about 4 months and I'm miserable, I hate myself, I get sad or mad about th...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/2/2021
Condition: Endometriosis

this birth control has been amazing!!! i used to have long and extremely heavy periods (9-11 days) due to endometriosis, as well as horrible depression and anxiety the week before my period. i also had cramps that were so bad i would throw up, which caused me to stay home way more than i would’ve liked. i went on sprintec, and while that helped make my periods more manageable and cleared my acne, it also made me more depressed, caused me to gain 20 lbs, and absolutely killed my sex drive. when i switched, i lost the weight i had gained within a month, got my sex drive back, and was no longer depressed!! my periods are now 2 days long, super light, and i have absolutely no cramping. i also have had no breakthrough bleeding or negative side effects besides the return of the acne i had pre-birth control. while there are some horrible reviews for loloestrin fe, most people with positive experiences aren’t writing reviews. if you are struggling with heavy periods and severe pms, i would definitely recommend trying this birth control out!

miss sensitive | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2021
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was started on this as it was very low dose and had some extra iron to deal with out of proportion cycles. I have known sensitivities to medications, and prescriber wanted something easily reversible and low dose for this reason. I take the 1st tab, 1st day of period. 30 min later, I'm a hysterical sobbing mess for no reason. No history of depression at all. Called prescriber, recommended immediate discontinuation. Not recommended, but not everyone has the same experience. If it works for you, great.

aalmond | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/1/2021

I loved this ~ Never got my period, ultra low dosage! Just remember, everyone's body is different ! No weight gain, I don't feel overly sensitive. I've been on it for 7 years, but i need to switch to probably Junel Fe, the closest generic version accoridng to my pharmacsit :(

Cam | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/20/2021
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

I’ve been on lo loestrin for 7 years now and I love it. It helped me regulate my period as I was having a irregular cycle, I can’t tell if it has really altered my weight because I did start it back in 8th grade but I will say I am not overweight at all! I also now skip the last four pills to not get a period at all I’ve been doing that for four years now and no problems. I did speak do my gyno before doing so!

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2021
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

My experience was going good at first, then I got to like my third month and noticed that I was completely out of wack with everything. I have anxiety and am a generally happy and content person. During the time I was on this medicine my anxiety worsened and my mood swings were everywhere. I would cry out of nowhere and would get very VERY mad at nothing. This is also my first birth control and my dr wanted to put me on a low hormone bc. I also have been very overtired, put on weight, and have no motivation whatsoever. The only good thing about this was I only spotted it on my period days and that it was easy to use since it is just pills.