I have been on Butrans for about 6 weeks now starting at 5mcg every 7days and increasing once a week up to 15mcg. I have just been increased to 30mcg to try to control my pain levels. I find it works great but wasnt quite enough for me without still having to take my breakthrough meds every 4 hrs that is the reason for the increase so here's hoping that the increase helps. the tape sticks great bu...

My comments and star rating concerns the generic patch by TEVA. I have been on Butrans for 3-5 years. For itching, when I first started the drug, I went to the manufacturer's website and found the tip to use Flonase under the patch when you first put it on. The name brand stays on, and the Flonase breaks the rash cycle that hot water on the patch starts. The name brand has good adhesion to the sk...

Mamaj | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/23/2020
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

I needed more relief without more oxycodone,I was already on 40 milligrams a day. I was prescribed this medication. It was the worst experience that I've ever had. It fell off after 2 hours. I tried EVERY type of tape recommended. The final straw was when my skin broke out into serious hives, rash, and my skin became raw. The itching was unreal. I happened to show my skin to my pharmacist to ask for her recommendation. She IMMEDIATELY called my doctor, refused to renew my script, put it in my file, and told me to never use that patch again. By this time my skin was so bad that I still have scars 6 months later.

chronicity | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/15/2020
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

I have been on Buprenorphine patches nearly 7 years with zero issues until my pharmacy started using the TEVA brand. This patch needs to be removed from market like yesterday. Firstly, when showering this patch will get wet and it will start lifting, usually on one of the upper corners within 3 days at the most. By the 4th day water can now get into the patch and the entire side will lift and all the adhesive becomes like little rolled up balls of rubbery substance. Incidentally this causes an awful rash. The medication contained in the center of the patch washes out from all the water intrusion. According to Teva's own user enclosure, you are to replace the patch if it is not adhered directly to the skin or becomes compromised in anyway. This is a serious issue for anyone who is in a pain management program for several reasons; firstly, this can and has resulted in failed urine screens for a therapeutic level of the Buprenorphine in the urine as it takes 72 hrs to reach the prescribed amount in the system. Because the medication is in the center of the patch and is not adhered to the skin, the time release of that drug is not in measured amounts and once water gets to the medication center it removes the medication from the patch. A failed drug screen is grounds for removal from a Pain Management program. Secondly. If you were to take another patch to replace the compromised patch, as suggested by TEVA, you are not only putting yourself at risk for improper dosing but you will not have enough patches to get through the month and will have withdrawal symptoms. Depending on the dose you are on, these can range from moderate to severe. I have tried several ways to keep the patches dry while showering including a Tegaderm patch which sticks to the medication area and just lifts it up. Waterproof tape around the adhesive edges of the patch, this results in the center of the patch buckling off the skin. Teva is aware of these issues and tries to blame the consumer.

ValerieC | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2020
Condition: Chronic Pain

I only had my first patch on for about 15 hrs. and the itching around the corners of the patch was very uncomfortable. One of the corner of the patch had started to lift. When I pulled it off my skin, the adhesive on the patch had left terrible, red marks all around the perimeter of the patch. The middle of the patch where the medication is was very wet with a milky texture and it seemed as if it was just sitting on the top of the skin. Of course that was only 1day, so I am without any medication for the next 6 days. This was $40 wasted on 1 patch. Additionally, I had a headache with nausea and not much pain relief. I will be discussing my experience with the doctor and probably the manufacturer, Teva. Don�t waste your money on this medication as most have recommended.

Justaman | 65-74 | Male | Patient
8/4/2020
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

Pain control has been ineffective. Been on many other opiates, this is ineffective. I concur with other Teva reviews: adherence is poor - Tegaderm didn't help it stick or save a dehisced patch. I've used three manufacturers: the analgesic effect is mostly gone after 5d - huge problem w my MD and pharm to get refilled early. Post DEA "war", chronic pain patients are treated like criminals. - bad idea. Patients AREN'T the problem, it's law enforcement, addicts,corruption that keep chron pain pts jumping through hoops & left with few options + unwarranted, cruel scrutiny. A shame that we suffer as a result of bad enforcement & political policies. MDs & FDA should be 100% autonomous - removed from LEA and political strategy failures. Opioid horror stats are badly contaminated by rolling in junk n #'s of heroin addicts and STREET fentanyl (non-diverted from Pharm or pts). Public & politicians are clearly not equipped to sort this out. Please do your own research regarding this critical issue! Chronic/intractable pain pts are being denied effective modalities, because prescribers are terrified of LEA scrutiny. Law enforcement cannot understand my individual case, read my MRIs, attend my surgeries, hold my hand when I'm in screaming pain. They can however create the brutal environment of arbitrary denial of effective pain control. I am well experienced in science and medicine, so I can advocate for myself fairly well and even my options are becoming more and more restricted. I pity those who do not my experience advantage & don't clearly understand how matters outside of the medical arena are causing us more pain, more suffering and humiliation. "Am I going to sound like an addict and be denied human treatment?" Is something I'm sure is in every pt's mind. In this brutal envIronment we search desperately for voices to stand up for us and really change things for the good of a patient.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/26/2020
Condition: Severe Pain

Teva generic patch is terrible does not stick and pain relief is not nearly what brand is. HAS ANYONE TRIED THE AMNEAL GENERIC IT JUST CAME OUT ON APRIL