It seems to be working. Not causing any drug interactions with my other meds. I don't like the occasional spotting since I have finised or almost finished with menopause.

I am 16.I started taking Cyclafem back in August(when I was 15) and it was my worst decision. I got on because I didn't want to get pregnant, to help with acne, and to regulate my periods. When I first began every morning to this day I am nauseated for about an hour. It never made me vomit but I was so close. Also, it made me break out more than I ever have before. My whole forehead is covered wit...

Marie | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/13/2020

The side effects for me were itchy scalp and hair loss, excessive gas, headaches, tiredness, depression, and alcohol made me extra sick.This is the only time I've used any of hormonal birth control so I cant compare it to others, I took it for about 4 months but stopped because of the side effects. Also gave me headaches the first week after stopping taking it and have been spotting bleeding on and off for a couple weeks now.

Lexi P | 13-18 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/3/2017

I have been on Cyclafem for about 6 months now and I really couldn't be happier. Everybody is different, but I put my trust in this pill. I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months prior and it was terrible- acne, horrid mood swings, the whole thing. I switched to Cyclafem and not only do my periods begin THE DAY OF indication on my packet; they only last 3 days! And they're so light! I really don't even need to use a tampon. I've had no side effects whatsoever really. Overall using it for birth control. Me and my boyfriend of 2 years have unprotected sex and this pill has always had my back. No cramps at all really. The only time I feel mood/slightly cramp is the week of my ovulation, (week 2) the week of my period is normal as can be! Really thankful for this pill!! #TeamNoBabies

Vero86 | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/24/2017
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

I was put on Cyclafem because for some odd reason I started my period and it never went away. The bleeding was ongoing for about 6 months. During that time my Dr switched me on different BC but that did not help. Finally on this medicine about a week later I stopped bleeding. No more periods have come back. I have now been on it for about 8 months. No periods. No Mood swings No more fatigue

rhapsody88 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/27/2016

You may be one of those people who are sensitive to certain progestins like I am. Apri made me so depressed I didn't want to get out of bed. Cryselle gave me a rash and painful cystic acne but my sex drive was that of a 16 year old boy. Junel didn't diminish my sex drive but it slightly improved my cystic acne. Now I'm on Cyclafem and my sex-drive is normal, but I still have cystic acne on my back and chest (6-8 cysts). When I'm on the placebo pills I have zero acne and the cysts clear up practically overnight. My doctor is switching my pill to Nortrel .5/35 as the lower Norethindrone dose may rid my back and chest acne. I can deal with 2-4 cysts every month. At least I'm not depressed, unmotivated, bloated and moody 3 weeks out of 4. I must say for those of you dealing with terrible side effects don't give up! Patience is key. Every woman's body is different and it takes time to find a hormonal method that works best with your chemical makeup and age. Tell those around you that you're trying to find the right pill and to be vocal on any changes they may see that you don't. Plus, it will help to keep you sane with a good support group while you ride the birth control pill hormonal roller coaster.

Thutson | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/11/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I've been taking for a month to regulate periods and it's working great !!! Also I'm not sure if it's the medicine but I have absolutely no appetite!! I went from eating 24/7 to eating a banana and being satisfied!! Anyone else experience this?