I was concerned about starting Safyral after reading some of the reviews here, but have been pleasantly surprised by how easy my transition onto it has been. I was not on any contraceptive previously, and when I started my Safyral regimen my ONLY side effect was very light spotting for the first month. Not only did I escape mood swings, weight gain, acne, nausea, etc., but my usual menstrual sympt...

I hate to rate a birth control after only after a little over two weeks of taking it but I thought it might help someone else. I had to stop taking it because of SEVERE ACNE. I had acne in my teens and twenties and had to take Accutane twice. Since then I have not had very much acne at all. As soon as I started this pill my face started breaking out and not little pimples. These were huge cys...

Drea | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/20/2015

I absolutely LOVE this birth control. I have taken Apri (which I hated and gained 25lbs from), Kariva, Yaz, and Beyaz before taking Safyral. I didn't gain any weight from Kariva,Yaz,Beyaz,or Safyral. My periods last 2-3 days and are super light. I have slight mood swings around my period but nothing major. My skin is clear as ever. I have no complaints about Safyral whatsoever. I've taken it for 3-4 years. My insurance doesn't cover it anymore so I'm sad to leave it :/ Switching over to Yasmin now.

hcar96 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/28/2015

I took this pill for two years. It was okay but gave me pretty severe mood swings. My Obgyn doctor switched me to a lower estrogen pill called lo loestrin fe so I'm hoping that my mood swings will end.

Alli | 25-34 | Female | Patient
3/30/2015
Condition: Disease of Ovaries with Cysts

Simply put this medication makes me feel crazy! Angry, crazy mood swings. No sex drive. It's horrible! I'm a happy person and am calling my doctor tomorrow. This is just the first week and each day has gotten significantly worse.

Slzr14 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/23/2015

My insurance recently stopped covering this pill and I am very sad to have to switch. My periods while on the pill were EXTREMELY light and only lasted 3 days (basically heaven) worked as a great contraceptive. I did realize an increase in headaches and migraines, as well as a decrease in sex drive. My skin was a bit more oily than usual but no terrible break outs. I'm really going to miss this one!

autumn | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/15/2015
Condition: Acne

My skin cleared within 1 month of using this pill. I had perfect beautiful skin. However the downside was low libido, increased potassium, and increased cholesterol in my blood work within 5 months of using this pill. I stopped using the pill and I will be going to the dermatologist instead.