Keeping the heart in rythem, but Dr. stopped it because it can cause damage to the liver, thyroids and lungs?

CautionDtr | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
11/6/2018
Condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

Amio killed my Dad. It was given intravenously during heart surgery. It did it’s job, but two days after he was released from the hospital he was having trouble breathing. He was readmitted and diagnosed with acute onset interstitial pneumonitis. He passed away a month later. Please research Amiodarone induced lung toxicity before taking, it is a well known adverse side effect. My father wasn’t given the opportunity review the risks of this drug, because they gave it to him when he was unconscious. He was 72 with a lifelong history of chronic pneumonia, putting him at high risk for pulmonary toxicity. Please be careful, this is a very dangerous .

r5xrjw | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/17/2012
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation Electrically Shocked to Normal Rhythm

after taking this medication for a while, I am experincing shortness of breath and jumpy muscles

misgatas | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2012
Condition: Prevention of Post Cardio-Thoracic Surgery Atrial Fibrillation

I was taking 400mg but still having high heart rate. I was told to increase to 600mg. I take one with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When I go to bed I start feeling bad and can not sleep. My blood pressure goes to the 140's in the evening. I usually have it in the 90's to low 100's. Don't know if taking the pill at night is a problem. I just emailed my doctor to ask if I can take the pills during the day.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2012
Condition: Ventricular Fibrillation

given to in hospital and sent home with a prescription

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient