I have had high blood pressure for 15 years. I am petite, I exercise 3 - 4 times a week and I eat a healthy diet. I have tried every family of BP medicine, and they all seem to have side effects. My goal is to find the medicine that has the least side effects and keeps my BP down. I have been taking Edarbi for 4 months. I take a 1/4 of a tablet and my BP readings are very good, sometimes too low ...

Was on this for two and a half weeks. Lowered BP to much and dehydrated me. Muscle cramps and very dizzy/lightheaded overall did not feel good on it. Did not like it went to a different drug.

HBPsufferer | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/27/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been on Edarbyclor for 3 months. I can get passed the muscle spasm but the GI symptoms are out of bounds. My lower abdomen is a mystery. I thought I was having ovulation pain from my only ovary (post hysterectomy) but it may just be an overactive GI system. I get nausea, diarrhea and bloating. I’m hoping its just something from my diet that can be controlled. I want this one to work so I’m going to stick it out if my labs come back decent and I cant do an elimination diet.

Blue man | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/18/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Edarbyclor is not a good BP. Med. It caused problems from day one. On it 7/3/2020. Itâ??s been a nightmare. It seemed to almost cause my kidneys to not function properly. It caused microscopic red blood cells in my urine. I urinated like Iâ??ve never in my life. Frequently and urges so strong. I went to urologist many times in 7 months. Had all the special urinary test done. Burning before and after I urinated. I thought it was a infection. It was the Edarbyclor. Pain and burning in my back. Do not take this medication. It will cause you many problems. Raise your blood sugar. Low potassium due to urinating all day and night. It will ruin your sex life. You will have pain that mimics Prostatitis or Prostate issues. Your doctors will think your crazy. Nothing helps no antibiotics. Not cutting it in half. Dose is 40-80 mg. Only thing helps is when you stop taking. Donâ??t let doctors tell you itâ??s a side effect you can live with. Itâ?? needs to be taken off the market. The diuretic is what is dangerous. You will not sleep. You will pee all night. This is the story of my life. The side effects will kill you. Thanks

Believer131 | 45-54 | Female | Patient
12/25/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was prescribed Edarbi 80mg about 3 years ago after my doctor referred me to a nephrologist when the diuretic that I had been taking caused my potassium to drop too low. It kept my BP normal, sometimes too low but has overall been a nightmare - rapid continuous weight gain, extreme fatigue, extreme edema and even kidney issues. For 3 years I went to all types of specialists trying to find out what was wrong with me. I prayed and prayed and finally the thought that it was the medication crossed my mind. I stopped taking it and I lost over 10lbs in 1 week but my blood pressure rose. So I took 1/2 a tab and it kept my BP normal. Then I decreased to 1/4 tab and it still kept my BP normal. This medication is being prescribed to many in too large of a dose and it made my creatinine levels so high that kidney function decreased by over 50%. Since decreasing dosage, the weight is coming off without effort after gaining uncontrollably for 3 years, no more extreme fatigue, no more extreme edema and my creatinine levels are going back towards normal. This drug as prescribed to me was toxic to my body in so many ways. Yes, it controls your BP but it can also ruin your life by causing other problems. Like my new nephrologist stated, most medications are controlled poison. I realize now how toxic this drug can be and plan to get completely off of it after losing more of the weight. My fertility rate dropped from way above average before the drug to way below average after being on it for 3 years. Before taking the drug, I asked the doctor if it affected fertility and he said that it did not. But I am sure that it was this drug that decreased my fertility level to a point where it would be almost impossible for me to conceive. I wish I had just stayed on the diuretic and took potassium supplements. Now diuretics alone won't control my BP. It's as if my BP became dependent on this drug. Edarbi may work for some but it has been a nightmare for me. Reported side effects to FDA

Jaymack64 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/9/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Prescribed 4 different ARB drugs.Edarbi 40mgs only drug that works for me.125/83 seems to be the constant now.Better than 140/96.No side effects either.

M. Chew | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was prescribed 40 mg Of Edarbi after the Losartan recall. The Edarbi is very effective. So much so that I had to cut my dose in half then to a quarter tablet because it brought my bp and heart rate down so low I had no energy and was having bouts of extreme lethargy and lightheadedness. I also experienced weight gain of about 12-15 pounds. I stopped taking the Edarbi about 6 weeks ago and I no longer am experiencing the side effects and the weight is coming off fairly quickly. Edarbi is an effective drug but even for some a quarter of a 40 mg tablet is too strong for some patients and the pills are too small to cut down any further. There are only 2 doses available—40 and 80 mg. The drug companies need to consider a smaller dosage, maybe 20 mg so patients who need a smaller dosage can split the tablet in half if necessary to 10 mg, or even less if necessary because a little Edarbi goes a long way