I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and I take birth control for a few reasons (#1 to lower my testosterone levels, #2 to have a monthly period since PCOS causes a lack of periods). Over the past 3 years I've been on 6 different birth control pills, and Generess Fe is the best pill I've been on hands down. Every female will react different to the hormones in every pill, so my review will ob...

Asked for an IUD, instead was given Generess Fe. Terrible mood swings, weight gain, nausea, and headaches. Felt like a monster 24/7 after very first dose, Stopped taking after the third day. Remind me again why is this allowed for human consumption?

MommatoBB | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/13/2017

I took this birth control faithfully, at the same time every single day for years. Then I ended up pregnant. My daughter is amazing, but a definite surprise.

KatieMarie93 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/23/2015

I started Generess October of 2012, ended August 2015. I rarely had a "period". If I did it was only brown spotting. I never felt mood swings or anything related to PMS. As if I didn't even have a uterus or ovaries! It was fantastic. I stopped the pill August 10th, 2015 and became pregnant August 26th, 2015. I'm 6 weeks today! So if your scared you cannot conceive because of this pill because of not having a cycle don't! I was so fertile after!

Kaykay86 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/28/2015

I started taking Generess FE back in 2013 and its been wonderful. Months 1-3 every month the days were shortend until there was no cycle. I have been without a cylce since mid 2014. No cramps, no mood swings, and my face is super clear. I may get one acne bump 1 every 3 or 4 months but other than that I will stay on until further notice.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2015

My background: light random periods, mild acne, oily thick hair, healthy weight & diet / exercise routine. Took depo shot as teenager & COULD NOT handle the 10-15 gain every month & CRAZY mood swings, used mirena iud for 10 yrs only side effect was cystic acne decided to try pills. 1st was Generess Fe, month 1-3 GREAT, skin was perfect no mood swings, hair or weight change, my breast swole about 1/2 cup size but not sore & my stomach was flatter than normal with no change to diet or exercise, I thought I had struck gold on the 1st try. Month 4-6 I began having night sweats almost every night, my natural body temp was higher than normal during day & I had ovarian cysts every month. I have epilepsy & lack of sleep & heat can be triggers for my seizures combined with the terrible cysts I had to stop taking this pill. Within 1st month of getting off this pill I went back to normal so happy for that much. I wouldn't tell anyone to not try this pill as the side effects immediately stopped for me & I do not have mood swings crazy periods or weight issues, just have to find what works for you.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
4/12/2015
Condition: Painful Periods

I'm 19, and have been on this pill for two years. I was put on it because I used to have incredibly bad periods (excruciating cramps, heavy, long lasting flow, would get really sick to my stomach and have horrible bowel movements). It got to the point where I had to go home from school early one day because I was in so much pain and had so much bowel issues. Basically, several days of my life each month were absolute hell. This pill has been my savior. Ever since the month after I first started it, I have not had a period. No blood at all. Haven't used a pad/tampon in two years. I get almost no cramps during "that time of the month", no horrible bowel issues. I don't know what I'd do without it. I do have headaches sometimes,and I have gained some weight. Those are small prices to pay compared to the absolute hell I used to go through.