64 yr. old male. Found myself "blanking -out" on topics I once knew. Also noticed that I was frequently loosing my train of thought in discussions. I've been on Vayacog now for 2 months. Tremendous improvement. I still may miss a couple of names, but I haven't hit any of those walls of total blankness I am on several other medications, but no side-effects have been noted.

My husband has vascular dementia. He was on Vayacog for 2 days and out of the blue he started acting irrational...blaming me for things that were not true, said our marriage of 46 years was not working, etc. I am not sure whether it is from the Vayacog but we decided he should stop taking it until we see the Neurologist again. But some weird chemical reaction seems to be going on in his head,

Lisa A | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/20/2018

It took 90 days to notice as they said, but I had cancer brain from chemo and could only remember words on a 5th grade level and had short term memory. After 90 days of taking, I felt my short term memory start going away and word came back to my vocabulary. After about 270 days I stopped taking them. My doctor said it fix the deficiency and I wouldn't have to take them. Well, after a few months, I feel myself going back. I dont know if it would have been better to just start taking a regular Omega tablet, but I am going back on them. I'm 53 and hate trying to talk to co-workers and words not come to my mind or be in a meeting and I cant get the right words.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/12/2018

The drug is ineffective and the customer service is atrocious.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/27/2018

No change.

karencpnp | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/20/2017

Both my husband and I have been taking this for over 1 yr. Recently ran out of refills. Wanted to see if I noticed a difference. Yes, I'm more forgetful and while talking, find myself searching for words. I am currently on hold to refill a new prescription.

Debra | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/9/2017

My dr said she's gonna find the cheapest route & contacted vayacog themselves on my behalf since my insurance would not cover it. Vayacog called me. 3 months supply: $148.5 = $49.50 a month. They'll call me when it's time for another refill; or I could've set it on auto, but I wanted to see how it works before buying more. My dr said she took this and it helped her. I left her office with hope in my heart. She also said she had no side effects. Wished I had asked why she quit taking it. P.S. I was forced to rate the effectiveness, use and satisfaction in order to share this info, for I have yet to take the med. Should arrive in the mail in abt 5 days. Looking forward to it!Read More Read Less

Nutz4fp | 35-44 | Female | Patient
3/5/2016
windwhisper | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/29/2014

I have suddenly begun to have dizziness, too, and wonder if this could be a side effect of Vayacog.

Claudia D | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/12/2014

I was confusing names of colors. That is getting better. I also forget names and lose track of what I'm saying. Its hard to say if those are better, but I'm hopeful. I've heard that you can get coupons online for the drug.

Alfred | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2014

Am 64 when first started on Vayacog. Have problems recalling names and of things. Sometimes it takes days for me to recall something I knew. After taking 3 months had shown improvement. I now have less incidents of forgetting and my memory has improved and now feel much better. I continue with this medication.

purpleparrot | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/27/2013

Mark david | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/11/2013

I am only 53-yo and have a form of dementia. I started to avoid contact with people because my short term memory has been completely shot. It made it very difficult to have conversations as I would forget the topic or lose track of what I said and what I should say or be in a conversation that was in my head. I have been on vayacog for 2- months with amazing improvements. I was hesitant to add another pill to my endless list of meds. I am very happy I added it. I cannot believe how much this stuff has made my life so much better.Read More Read Less

BSquared | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
9/10/2013

Way too early to tell. My wife (67) has only been taking it for a couple of weeks and she is complaining about dizziness. I can not find any info on side effects and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

OuchV44qqd | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/2/2013
Judi | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/18/2013

Too soon to rate its effectiveness - my husband who has mild cognitive impairment just started taking it. Wanted to fill out review to mention that Sam's was the least expensive I could find : $ 51 much less than the $ 100 mentioned in the previous review.

Andrea | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/10/2013

New users - don't give up. It takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months to attain full effectiveness. My brain is back...

Ms.Tracy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2013
Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/16/2012

JJG | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/4/2012

Have had increasing headache along with a very mild but disconcerting seizure events. Can not find valid data on interactions with other medicines such as Ranexa and pravstatin.

Anonymous |
6/18/2012
L Gregg | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/4/2012

I was experiencing memory loss of one or two key words. I am 62 and told my doctor. She gave me a two weeks supply in samples and a script for 30 days X2. My memory improved immediately. I had to pay over 100.00 for the 30 day supply as my insurance would not honor the script. I'm out now and I'm forgetting again. My father's side of the family has a huge number of Alzheimers. I want to search around to see if I can find Vayacog cheaper.