i started taking this medication a few years back, around when i was 18-19. i hated adderal, not to mention all the dietary issues, and it made me feel uncomfortable and annoyed. i didn't like taking and often wouldn't. my grades suffered i was doing bad. Today i'm making straight A's and close to getting my mechanical engineering degree. I swear by this stuff, in addition i take dexadrine 5mg tab...

My son 13yrs old takes this medication (two pills a day) for two weeks. No improvement, his mood is getting worst

Sam | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
3/23/2019

I just went to reorder Vayarin from Vayadirect and the website says Vayarin is no longer sold in the United States. Anyone know where I can get it? It has been highly effective for my son for the last two years.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/5/2018

My son has been more hyperactive and agitated two week in to Vayarin

MomOfTwo | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
2/15/2018

My son now 9y/o took this supplement for over two years. We never really noticed that it helped him with his focus and hyperactivity issues. Recently took him off to see if we’d notice a huge difference...Notning! He’s the same sweet wild child. The only benifit I see is the extra omega 3 he was getting from it. And that’s not worth $50 a month.

Disappointed mom | 7-12 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
12/1/2017

Very disappointed that a 1 bottle of treatment is not longer available and the company is pushing to buy a 3 month supply when any insurance company covers it. I just need to purchase 1 bottle since that is what my son needs right now. ?? it seems that I have to run now to a supermarket to by an over the counter omega 3 bottle to soothes his anxiety. Thank you Vayarin..

Toni | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
10/4/2017

My daughter with Down Syndrome and adhd has been on this for about 2 yrs. She's 8. I do believe this is helping her impulsivity and attention!

GaPeachyMom | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
9/25/2017

My son is 8 and been on Vayarin for nearly a year. It has worked extremely well with enhancing my son's ability to focus, sustain emotional control and maintain a level of happiness. He has a visual processing disorder, that can lead to ADHD-like symptoms. We will continue to use Vayarin and have never considered traditional ADHD meds.

JediMomtoThree | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/26/2017

Started my 11-year-old son as treatment for ADD, along with emotional control issues with his corresponding Asperger's and Anxiety diagnosis. We had already tried diet change and other lifestyle changes (after his initial diagnosis in 2016), so this was our last step before having to put him on a typical ADD medication. After two months, I've seen a marked improvement in both emotional control and focus. It's not perfect, but it's much better than prior to medication. As an example, he now can remember to take his medication on a daily basis without me having to give them to him (which has never happened before). He can cope with frustrations and other things easier than without.Read More Read Less

hpweug | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/13/2017
Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
9/13/2016

I'm A Happy Mother | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/30/2016

Started my 10 year old daughter (anxiety) on 4 capsules mixed with pina colada fish oil. 15 days later noticed less errors on hw she reads 2 -3 books per day (wouldnt read prior to Viyarin).

God Is Great | 3-6 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/30/2016

I started my 6 year old son with 4 capsules and mixed the capsules with Barlean's lemon fish oil. 14 days later I saw extreme improvements in focus, and flexibility and mood.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/12/2016

My 6 yr old son started treatment 2 months ago for ADHD and so far have not noticed any difference. Will keep him on it for another 1-2 months and then if still no improvement will probably take him off.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/20/2016

I have been on this med for about 1 month. I started with 2 caps and am now on 4 for 2 weeks now. Cost is really my only complaint as insurance does not cover and 4 caps per day- - it is about 110 per month. Maybe notice a little improvement in my focus - but will wait a while longer. Good luck.

Good Day | 3-6 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
12/18/2015

Worked for us improving behavior, focus reducing meltdowns and sensory problems. (Autism, SPD, dispraxia). Started 2 pills a day, now taking 4 pills. Improvement with double dose was noticable. Much happier and calmer child! NO improvement with the repetative behavior or noticable cognitive function (although attention is much better). No side effects I notice. In addition, huge help was wheat and dairy elimination.

Anonymous | 3-6 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
12/17/2015

We've seen big changes with my 6 y/o ADD son. He seems more grounded and is doing so well in school. His teacher has noted much improvement in his ability to focus. We first started seeing results around day 60...so stick with it!

MomCO | 3-6 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
10/30/2015

My son has been on viyarin for 2 years. It has made a huge difference in his focus and impulse control. Took about 4 months to see results, but it was worth the wait! Recommend.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
9/4/2015

My daughter started Vayarin 3 weeks ago and we noticed significant improvement at about 14 days. She is not on any other medication. We have noticed a big change in the ability to focus in school & at home.

KellyG | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
7/22/2015

My son has ADHD and high functioning Autism with anxiety. He has been on Vayarin for about 6 months and his teachers have noticed he is less aggressive with his peers and has better focus. It takes almost 2 months to see any change so hang in there. Also, for some reason insurance doesn't like to pay any portion of this medication to be prepared to pay around $52 out of pocket per month.

kfen2000 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/23/2015

My ADHD 10 year old daughter cannot read for 20 minutes without her stimulants. Her doctor wanted her off stimulants for the summer. We got out of school a few weeks ago and started her on Vayarin. Within 2 full weeks, I see a wonderful difference. Today she read for 30 minutes, then later in the day another 30. She actually sat still!!!!! That is a miracle. I plan on keeping her on it all summer, maybe she will not need to go back on stimulants? Or if so, maybe she can take a lower dose.

theelboyz | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
3/25/2015

My 10 yr old son is diagnosed Aspergers, ADHD, Mood Disorders. He is a twice exceptional learner, with profound (genius) IQ but auditory and learning disabilities as well. He is stable on Vyvanse, Abilify, and Lamictal. He has been on Vayarin almost 60 days now, and I can't believe how much happier he is, able to focus on simple two step tasks, and generally not as rigid or defiant. His diagnoses are in the severe range, so we never anticipate being able to completely eliminate the meds which allow him to function enough to attend mainstream school. But, we hope to see enough improvement to lower some doses if not just allow him a happier existence. We have tried so many holistic and traditional therapies to help him feel better over the past 6 years, and this has made a wonderful addition.Read More Read Less