This was prescribed for off-label use to help with night sweats. It has been an answered prayer for me. Night sweats have stopped. I can sleep through the night. Label said take at 5pm but I was very groggy the next day. So, I take it at 3pm & this works for me. Previously, night sweats made it impossible to sleep for any length of time -- waking up every 1-2 hours.

night sweats changes of clothing 5 x

Barb | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/19/2020
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

This has boosted my pain medication effectiveness. I have taken it for 4 months without side effects, taking care to ingest with food. Before pain meds did not control the pain very well.

FranW | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I started using this for burning neuropathy in my feet which I think may be due to Mortons Neuroma or Plantar Fascia issues. After a couple of hours on my feet I literally couldn't walk. Horizant was a miracle. My doctor just doubled my dose to bid in an effort to help with my migraines. Will see how that goes. My only complaint is a small one. Why does it smell so bad when you first open the bottle. Pill does not have a bad taste but that first whiff is pretty bad. Very grateful for the program that allows me to get my medicine cheaper.

Jolie | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/4/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I had been taking regular gabapentin in the past for nerve pain. It wasn't really helping. I went to the neurologist for help with restless Leg Syndrome. He prescribed me Horizant and I was hesitant taking it when I read it was a form of Gabapentin. But, I gave it a try. Thank God! I finally had a good night sleep without waking drowzy. I would spend days having maybe 3 hours of sleep because of my condition. It's been a month now and so far so good. The downside is that my Medicare Plus copay for this is $130 for 90 60mg capsules. Here I am use to paying $10 copays and was horrified with the news I had to pay the amount mentioned. I will ask my Dr in my next visit if I could substitute this for a higher dose of gabapentin instead. I'll find out soon.

Coodie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/18/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Amazing drug to treat RLS ! I have had RLS since I was a young child and the older I got, the worse it got to the point I consulted with every neurologist locally and finally was told about Horizant and asked if I wanted to try it, good. By RLS.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/19/2018
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Taking this medication around 5 o’clock in the evening makes it easier to wake up the next morning without feeling groggy. Most of the pain has dissipated. I’ve only been on it a week.