Vilazodone has far fewer effects on my sexual functioning (desire for sex and time to orgasm) than Celexa. Sexually, I feel as I do when I'm not taking an anti-depressant. I experienced noticeable but not incapacitating stomach and intestinal discomfort when I started vilazodone and strongly recommend following the gradual dose introduction that is prescribed. The stomach and intestinal discomf...

sss

rcher87 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/17/2018
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

10 mg made me incredibly anxious, but 20 was the sweet spot for me. Tried going up to 40mg, but had lots of anxiety/inattentive symptoms, and was really restless. Went back to 20mg and all's well. I have SO much more energy and am able to really get back to things again. Still have some leftover anxiety to deal with, but that's not a side effect, just something else I deal with. No major side effects that I can think of.

scorpio | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/26/2014
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

when I first started this med I had a lot of muscle cramps but once it was in my system the cramps went away. Overall I have been satisfied with this med for my depression treatment.

diane | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/19/2014
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

It didn't help at all. I put weight on.

TJM91 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/13/2014
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I experienced a horrible adjustment period when I moved away from my old rural University to the new one in Washington DC. I had always lived in "slower paced" areas until I came to DC. DC has a quick, fast pace (mid-Atlantic and Northeast US as well) people are nice enough, but not too approachable due to working all the time and having to get from point A to point B ASAP. I had so much trouble adjusting, and needed to see a psychiatrist. I tried Prozac (okay), Lexapro/Celexa (zombification), and had them in combo with ADHD meds (Dexedrine), anxiolytics (Valium and Xanax) and one weekend, when I was in my condo feeling depressed a came across an article on this drug. Since Prozac gave me trouble climaxing and disinterest in sex really, I figured I'd give Viibryd a shot in combo with my other meds (the benzos are low doses) to try to treat the Anxiety/MDD. It was expensive compared to others, but I took the plunge and I gave it time. Started at 10mg for 2 weeks, went up to 20 for a week, but realized that 20 just gave me more side effects, and bumped down to 10mg (each person is different). It worked! I also saw a therapist (terminal level PhD) and the cocktail I was on worked. My PBM, OptumRx then was about to throw me under the bus. I got a letter saying "Sorry, but even though this medicine works, Prozac Lexapro, etc. will work just as good, so we're taking it off the formulary." I was able to get lots of samples from my GP, and I know basic chemistry and do a water titration method he showed me because this was ridiculously expensive. He said that no one uses this antidepressant, but if it works for me, he's glad to give me sample packs. Overall, things slowly changed for the better. I've gotten my CPA licensure and work at one of the big four accounting firms (soon for the government) and have made progress and am moving forward in my life. I think people need to research the drugs they are prescribed. Not just accept something that isn't working.

babyface | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/28/2013
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

after 3 wks. developed a burning pealing rash, 6 wks. later still, am even more depressed at the prospect of the next trial,my mouth peeled,felt like I had a stick in my throat,sores are not healing, know help from dr. except to tell me not to take anymore, DA what to do ?