the body rash is the worst for me.

This is the end of 7th week on incivek. My biggest problem is not having any taste for food. Sometime because of the nausea I'm not able to take it. I have very dry skin and get very weak and tired when walking in house or going out. I am trying to hang in there. This treatment (now with the incivek) for me is very hard.

wyndy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/26/2014
Condition: Chronic Infection of Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Virus

april 2009 i started, Interferon, rivaferon, and incivek. a nightmare. from the start. I had low white cells to begin with because of a another medical condition. I got everything. the rash was my worst. I bleed. I couldn't wear clothing. I walked around with 400 count cotton sheets around me. and didn't go out except to go to the Dr. and then hardly dressed. I neuron tin to help. I also had to inject myself with synthetic white cells, regularly. but, in my viral load kept dropping. and since the 12th week in undetectable . Here it is 2014, and feel better than I ever have in my adult life!!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/29/2014
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

Like other taking the requirement to consume 20g of fat prior taking Incivek everyday was hard. I found Hagen Daz ice cream was the best treat. I would recommend not to have treatment during the cold/flu season since the immune system (white blood cells) decreases along with red blood cells. I ate lots of watermelon, red meat, spinach, lentils and pumpkin seeds to increase iron naturally. I put lots of lotion and sunblock and wore long sleeve to avoid sun which reduced the chance of getting rashes. I had short of breath and caught a cold which took more than a month to recover. My virus level was undetectable after 4 weeks until now. Oh! my hairs stopped falling one week after stop the medication.

Steve | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/26/2014
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

i took incivik for three months, in conjunction with 6 months of ribavirin and interferon. It was hard to eat the oil, and I had to experiement. Walnuts worked for me. I had bad insomnia at the beginning, and nearly dropped out, as I could not work well. I was given a low dose of Xanax that controlled this. I also had some nausea at start, and I was given meds that helped to control this, and did not always need to take help. At around 2 months I developed a severe rash, like a severe sunburn. This led to peeling, and itching. It was pretty hard, but again, I persisted. After 3 months the incivik was stopped, and I continued for another three months with ribavirin and interferon. Stopping the incivik meant I could eat normally, and was so nice. The rash did not wholly subside until after treatment ended, and returned in little bursts for a few months. My viral load was undetectable within 4 weeks of starting treatment, and was still undetectable a year after starting. I feel great, my liver enzymes are normal. It was hard, but worth it. Now there are better treatments on the market with out the side effects. Try them!

DrJ | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/18/2014
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

Incivek is very effective but the treatment regimen is really tough and has a lot of side effects. Fat consumption (30 grams every 8 hours) was difficult to tolerate and requires experimentation to find the best personal solution. I found that small (personal portions) of Bryers or Ben & Jerry's ice cream worked well for me. The load of calories didn't matter in this situation - due to the side-effects of the medications. I say that because I lost 50 lbs during treatment. Thankfully I'm not diabetic. I experienced a substantial rash that required intervention but I got through it. In spite of the side-effects my Hep C was cured and I remain negative 18 months later. On that basis alone it was worth it. I'm left with late stage 3 liver disease so I don't have much liver function left to lose. I just wish Incivek was available sooner so I would not have lost so much liver function. I'd go through treatment again if I had to - but I'm very glad I don't...

chris g. | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/9/2013
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

Within 2 months, my body broke out in a rash. I had to go to E.R. and was out of work for 3 weeks. It was the worse side effect ever considering prior to this treatment, i had had 2 Hep C treatments with Interferon and Ribapk.