I like this medication! I'm 27 years old. I was scared to try it because I read all of the bad reviews. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen-Lo for about 4-5 yrs prior to trying Orsythia, and had no problems, but wanted to switch because of the cost. No acne, no mood swings, no period changes. I think we mostly see bad reviews because those are usually the only people who even bother to go online and ...

PLEASE READ: I started taking orsythia in July of last year after my drug store stopped carrying my previous pill Aviane. for the first month everthing seemed fine. In August i started getting involuntary muscle tremors in my left arm and my abdomin, blood pressure spikes that were 255/186 (I'm 24, weigh 105 lbs and am 5'1), dizzy spells, nausea, night sweats. I was hospitalized for 7 days and was...

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/14/2019
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I started taking this medication after coming off of depoprovera for an extended amount of time because my HCP recommended it in order to get my periods back in order. The first month I started the pills I would get headaches occasionally and had experienced some breast tenderness. I had also noticed some mood changes but nothing unbearable. The second month my moods have been all over the place and I am easily angered by the silliest of things. I have also noticed that I am getting nauseated easily and am avoiding most foods (not pregnant). I also have noticed my sex drive is practically nonexistent at this point. I never had any issues with depoprovera so I was a little confused to why I would be reacting to this medication this way.I am going to finish out this pack and stop taking it afterwards. This is my own personal experience with this birth control and I would advise anyone to do proper research on side effects and understand when they are having symptoms. Any medication has the ability to effect others differently, this is just my personal experience.

xelaaa24 | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/16/2019
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was on a previous BCP before being switched to Orysthia. I am going to switch to my previous one because after being on Orysthia for a good 5 months or so, my periods havenâ??t been much lighter than before when I wasnâ??t on any birth control (the reason I went on it in the first place) and my cramps have actually been worse than ever before! Yesterday and the night before my cramps were so bad, I almost threw up several times and at one point I almost thought it was my appendix, like someone stated below. The worst cramps Iâ??ve ever had hands down. Whoever stated that below is exactly what I was feeling on this pill. I wouldnâ??t recommend it, it makes you feel worse in my opinion.

darlaplans | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2017

I have been on the pill for 12 years straight. During that time I have been prescribed Alesse, Aviane and Sronyx as the pharmacist has said "It was discontinued and this is the same exact thing". He was right and they were amazing. No acne, weight gain or mood swings. 4 months ago I went to get my Aviane and as told that Orsythia was the exact same thing and they can no longer get Aviane. The first month I noticed I felt strange and high anxiety with many mood swings and an uncontrollable hunger. The second month I had all the same symptoms with a five pound weight gain but the worst part was waking up in the middle of the night with panic attacks and feeling of impending doom. I felt like I was going to die and my mind was racing, heart beating out my chest and I felt that if I went back to sleep I wouldn't wake up. Last month I got vertigo so bad I could barely stand and walk. It made me feel so dizzy and so irritated that I was snapping at everybody. I called my insurance carrier and beg them to put me on any thing but Orsythia and they are going to put me back on Aviane. It is NOT discountinued. I think the pharmacies get kick backs or something. I do not recommend this pill to ANYONE. If your pharmacist won't change you to something different call around and find one in your network that will. I have been on Aviane for two months now. The first few weeks I still had the night terrors but they were only once a week. Finally it all went away. Don't go luny because of this pill. You need to get off of it if you have the same symptoms I did. I never felt so crazy and out of control in my whole life and I really is hard to believe that one little pill could make that much of a difference.

dierdrac | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2017
Condition: Painful Periods

The first month wasn't terrible, the worst thing that happened to me was crazy mood swings and some acne. But other than that it has been helping my painful period fairly well. I've gained maybe 2 pounds which isn't a lot. Overall I would say I'm pretty pleased with this birth control so far.

FrannyS | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2017

I'd been taking Orsythia for 4 months. My first time taking any sort of contraceptive. My GYN told me it would help me regulate my period, clear up my skin and most importantly keep me from getting pregnant. It did the complete opposite, except for the pregnant part. I had ALL of the negative side affects. I was told to start it as soon as I finished my period. Time went by and I was on my next cycle. Before the pill my cycle would last five days and I would only get it every two or three months. When I started the pill, my period lasted for an entire month. Then during the first two months I was having an extremely heavy flow and unbearable cramps, to the point where I thought my appendix had ruptured and I was rushed to the ER, which they told me it was just cramps. Then I was passing out and having extreme chest pain and heart palpitations, which is a side effect, along with contracting heart disease. Every day since I started this pill I just wanted to die because I was so miserable. I had to stop taking it. I have to wait til June to get put on something different. But at least I didn't get pregnant I guess. I really do not recommend this pill for the sake of your health.