I am sending an update from my review on 10/24/11. I previously posted that his drug caused me headaches, severe cramps, and continuous bleeding while taking it. I failed to add that I had immense hair loss over the 3 months I took Amethia. I went to a dermatologist last week regarding my hair loss. Now I didn't include this in the last post because I didn't associate it with the drug at that ti...

Got Amethia as birth control - didn't really care what type of pill it was, this was just what my gyn recommended. Took it for 2 months, then quit. At first, it was great. I didn't really have a problem remembering to take it every day, only forgot a few times but remembered hours later. For the first 4 weeks it didn't seem bad at all - only complaint would have been some pretty annoying spotting ...

aless | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/15/2021
Condition: Endometriosis
Butterfly | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/14/2020
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

When I started the pill I had spotting and a light period for a month 1/2 then I saw on a review someone suggested taking the pill the same exact time everyday or within 5 minutes. I did that and it helped a lot but when the 3rd month came I started spotting again. Iâ??m now on my break ( 1 week placebo) and Iâ??ve never seen so much clots in my life. My period is so heavy and the cramps are unbelievable I thought my ovaries was coming out. I will see how the next 3 months are before I tell my doctor to switch it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/8/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I can't attest for the effectiveness of preventing pregnancy because we use other measures, but I cannot wait until the end of this week when I can start another brand. I've been on this for 9 months and my emotions have been a roller coaster, I've gained 10 lbs, and I've been bleeding for 4 of the past 5 weeks. I wish I would have read other reviews when I first noticed issues!

Cara | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/23/2017
Condition: Painful Periods

I had been using Microgestin 1/20 for over a year with hardly any problems. I was moody for the first two months but that leveled out. I switched to Amethia Lo because I wanted fewer periods. Well I am 1.5 months thru the first package and I have bled for a total of 3 weeks and spotted on and off whenever I'm not bleeding. I also had incredibly painful cramps while I bled for two weeks and intermittent cramps when I'm spotting. One if the main reasons I decided to give birth control a try was because I had unbelievably long, heavy, and debilitatingly painful periods. This has made me feel almost worse than before bc. I have been unbelievably irritable and anxious over the smallest things since the second week of taking this pill. I have had absolutely no sex drive to the point that I only am in the mood if I'm tipsy which is not ideal for my relationship. My boyfriend is dealing with a moody, angry, uninterested girlfriend most of the time and that is causing stress in our relationship. I shave had an extremely high sex drive my entire life even when I was in Microgestin. I used to masturbate almost daily even if I had been sexually active with my boyfriend that day. Now I have no sexual interest. Sort of defeats the main purpose of having as much spontaneous, unprepared sex as I want without having to worry about a pregnancy. I'm going to see this thru the rest of the package and if things haven't changed by the end of the 3rd month I'm going back on Microgestin. In short, I hate this pill so far.

CassMae25 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/14/2017

It prevents me from getting pregnant which is my main concern to begin with. Been a month on it and waiting to see if I spot or not between these 3 months. Another main reason I decided to take Amethia is because with my IBS, my mestrual cramps are 10xs worse so not getting my period or even having a light period is fine with me. Overall, it does the job of keeping me from worrying every month ??