Absolute poison, do not take for any reason

Septraisthedevil | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/3/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

If you ever wanted to feel like you got hit by a truck and were about to die, Septra is for you. After 3 days on this medication, I had severe insomnia, bad heart palpitations, muscle weakness, chest pain, swollen tongue, heavy sweating, chills, and was convinced I was going to die. Ohh, and multiple panic attacks. I stopped after three days. Insomnia finally cleared up after 3 nights off this drug so if you're wondering if it will end, it should. Just drink plenty of fluids and report the side effects to your Doctor. Septra should be banned.

codip | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I am on a 3 day dose twice a day. Absolutely sick to my stomach ,profuse sweating, dizzy, headache, stiff neck, pain in lower back,a cold feeling kept going down my arms,legs and back,slowed my heart down and then my heart kept fluttering,felt like I was getting a cold then felt like I had stomach flu. NEVER WILL TAKE AGAIN

ms bell | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/10/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

So far so good. I have been on this medication (the generic version) for 4 of 7 days prescribed. The first noticable side effects were leg cramps last evening. I think I hadn't had enough water. The uti symptoms have disappeared. I will

Michael | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/24/2016
Condition: Skin Infection

I have had to take this a couple times for skin infections, including an abscess/boil after incision and drain. It worked to clear the infection and I don't really notice any side effects.

Welby | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/12/2016
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection caused by Klebsiella Bacteria

I am a 54 year old male with medical experience. I have had a lifelong history of uti's. One or two per year on average. Used Septra most of my adult life. Works faster and better for painful urination than anything else for me. Asymptomatic after 12 hours of taking it. Used to work great. Hadn't taken any in a couple of years. Got a uti, took one pill and within 3 hours had horrific stomach pain. Another hour later my throat closed up and my lungs swole nearly shut. Drug myself to the bathroom gave my self a shot of epinephrine and chewed up 50 mgs of immediate release prednisone tablets. Difficulty breathing, fever spiked at 102, and my bp dropped to 80/50. Laid on bathroom floor for 45 minutes with 911 punched into my cell phone fearing that I might go into full on anaphylactic shock. Symptoms eased and I was fine the next day. I had developed an adult onset allergic response to this drug that I have used throughout my life. Don't use it. Refuse it. Not worth the risk. It's a really, really old drug. Recommend one the newer quinolones like Levaquin.