Over 4 years of ongoing treatments I've dealt with Avastin, Lucentis, and even had "PDT" performed. Currently I'm undergoing treatments with "EYLEA" showing much better results than previous methods. Sadly Eylea is very expensive!

Extreme pain in eye with 1st shot> Eye ran and felt like there was something in it for about 10 hrs. Very sore for a week and half just to blink was uncomfortable and couldn't even touch eye lid without soreness. Not sure if it is worth it to continue.

M Simon | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/15/2021
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

Eye developed great pulsating pain and headache. There appears to be a curtain over my eye. Developed many floaters and d bris in the eye.

WGB | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/3/2019
sisg | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/7/2019
Condition: Diabetic Macular Edema

Initial benefit was not sustained and dry eye side effects causing corneal damage led me to withdraw after 2 years.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/19/2018
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

After using Avastin which worked fairly well for years, then I was switched to Eyela. Well, it is no wonder drug for me. I keep getting injections and every time I go back, the doctor says it is almost dry, but sorry, you need another shot. Ugh. The after effects are the same as Avastin's- a weeping eye for hours, pain, scratchiness, and lots of nose blowing. Is it worth it? If eventually I lose sight in this eye, I will wonder, would it have happened with or without the Eylea which is extremely expensive, almost $4000 each time. I do get help each year from an organization which covers what Medicare won't cover. But if their funding dries up, I will go back to Avastin, which was doing a good enough job for five years. The interval between injections grew longer and longer. Read More Read Less

Karen103 | 65-74 | Female |
11/12/2018
Condition: Diabetic Macular Edema

18months. When do I stop going. Sight was 40/20 For the past 5 months it has been 25/20. I am tired of going all the time I feel I'm as good as it's going to get and stopping.

marchyoung | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/11/2018
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

According to my Doctor the 1 treatment had a good response. That relative to blood vessel issues. The problem is it horrifically clouded my vision in what is normally my better eye. It was so bad I did not feel comfortable driving. I drove in from 250 miles away the day of the surgery and had been doing sight demanding work for the prior week, so I know exactly how my vision was prior to this injection. In addition to the badly blurred vision I had balance problems, bad eyelid swelling and redness, light sensitivity, an ache in the and headaches which I never have. In addition to all this the injection ruptured a blood vessel in the eye. Due to the blurred vision DO NOT TRY THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME IF YOU ARE GETTING READY TO DRIVE SOMEWHERE LONG DISTANCE. Read More Read Less

Bobby Smith | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/10/2018
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

Wet MD started and I had a few AVastin shots over a few months. No help. Switched to eylea and have gotten shots for about a year plus some laser treatments. Not much improvement. Dr. still says he is trying to get it under control. There apparently is a wide response depending on patient genetics. Not happy.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/21/2017
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

I had been receiving injections of Avastin with no improvement in vision, although it did slow deterioration. I worked with my physician to get our Medicare Advantage provider to approve the switch to Eylea about 1 year ago. We also were able to get a grant to cover a portion of the co-pay, so the financial impact to us was minimal. I received injections every 2 months for 4 months, then every 3 months for 6 more months, culminating with my visit today. I had an ocular scan prior to my scheduled injection and it found no evidence of WMD in my affected eye! My physician is guardedly optimistic and attributes part of the success to early treatment of the disease. I cannot tell you how happy we are with the product! If you are able to obtain this injectable, I hope you have the same incredible results that I did.Read More Read Less

Kathy | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/6/2017
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

After first 2 injections four weeks apart there was improvement. Leakage 5 weeks after third injection. Just had 4th injection and will receive 5th injection in 7 weeks.

J M | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2017
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

Diagnosed with wet ARMD about a year ago. Was switched to Eylea several months ago. It initially had a profound impact reducing the wet leakage but not entirely. Leakage returned when a bi-monthly injection was skipped. Next injection restored impact but didn't entirely eliminate leakage. Hoping for definitive results next injection. Injection itself and testing is inconvenient but is accompanied with only a minor ache.

LizA | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/25/2017
Condition: Blockage of Branch Blood Vein in Eye's Retina with Edema

There was a choice of two meds for the doc to use. He chose the cheaper one which proved ineffective after four injections. Eylea was started and was effective after two injections. I was nearly blind in my right eye from a small stroke. After three Eylea injection my sight in the right eye is nearly normal.

Tony E. | 75 or over | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/28/2016
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

I have been treated with Avastin for 6 years, the leak continued until Eylea was used. After 2 injections of Eylea the leak is now controlled and diminishing. No after affects. Most satisfactory.

angela228 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/27/2016
Condition: Blockage of Branch Blood Vein in Eye's Retina with Edema

have been getting injections since 9/15 for BRVO. 1st injection had painful side effects. Found a cold cloth held lightly over eye had a soothing affect for the pain & swelling. Had 1 reverse in vision in jan 16' due to their office being closed for bad weather, had to start all over 4 wks apart. It takes 2 injections of eylea to get my 20/20 vision back. just had another injection on 12-22-16 & for the 1st time since I started injections there was no visible swelling from my scan. depending on your dr., I have found has alot to do with some of the bad side effects, with my dr., you can not tell that I have even had an injection done but I have seen a different one on other occasions & side effects are horrible. My eye takes injection better to the outside rather than inside. All I did was ask to be with the dr that injects the outside & travel for great distances to my appointments so that I do not have the bad side effects. I am willing to do what it takes in order to get my vision back & keep my vision.Read More Read Less

ANDREA | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/29/2016
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

2 years ago I had 3 injections of eyelea which worked well for 2 years. My monthly OCT scan then indicated that I needed further treatment. I have now had 5 injections, but this time the efficacy is much reduced.I have no problems with the injections, but take prophylactic antibiotics. I am also fortunate to have private medical cover.

sventhedog | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/25/2016
Condition: Blockage of Branch Blood Vein in Eye's Retina with Edema

My dad 73 year old male. Non diabetic. mild hypertension, mild occular hypertension, blurry vision left eye. *Diagnosis: age-related macular degeneration; retinal vein branch occlussion with macular edema, left eye. -1st injection (october 2015): no pain or discomfort. -2nd injection (november 2015): blood pressure at 140/100 which caused a tiny red spot on eye. -3rd injection (december 2015): minor discomfort for a few days; floaters for a week. *Doctor (seen feb 2016) is very satisfied with results. she suggested to stop eylea injections and monitor monthly. Gave 4 stars, but will give 5 stars if the problem doesn't come back in the next few months.Read More Read Less

MsABQ323 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/23/2015
Condition: Diabetic Macular Edema

I was taking Avastin in both eyes for DME. Both eyes showed no improvement, and my left eye was much worse after 4 injections. My doc started me on Eylea, and after 1 injection in my left eye...I'm amazed. I think it's better than my right eye at times now, and it was so bad I could hardly see out of it. Eylea also gave me a card so I only pay $5 for the medicine. I'm very happy!

MyEyes | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/8/2015
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

I had wet AMD diagnosed in left eye in 2011. I was initially treated with Avastin, and was switched to Eylea in 2013. The Eylea works much better for me and I hold well with injections every 8-9 weeks.Before treatment, my vision showed 20/50 on the eye chart. My latest visit showed my vision in that eye went from 20/40 nine weeks ago to20/30 today. My eye discomfort has been the same for both drugs. I feel that the preparation, antibiotics and other disturbances to numb the eye and prevent infection are what cause the post procedure discomfort, not the drug itself. I am more than willing to put up with a few hours of discomfort in return for saving my eyesight. I have dry eyes and using drops 2-3 times a day makes a big difference in my visual acuity. BTW, my doctor is meticulous about infection control: I cannot talk during or right after the injection (to prevent spreading bacteria from the mouth). Also no swimming, hot tubs, Home Depot type stores (too dusty) and work in my garden for 4 days. Also have little packs of Thera Tears to keep flushing the out the eye on the injection day from individual packets, not the eye drop bottle I use the rest of the time. I feel very fortunate that these treatments are available and that I have the health insurance to cover them.Read More Read Less

gibe | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/23/2015

lainie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/19/2015
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

the reason I`m writing this review is not that I`m dissatisfied with my treatment but of side affects. The right eye I get the injections in has become very dry and scaley on the lid and the skin around the eye. Also my scalp and my neck are doing the same thing. Very itchy and irritating. At first I thought it was my shampoo, so switched 3 times. Then we bought a water softener to no avail. Question.... has anyone else had these side affects? I never had these side affects until my Dr. switched me to eylea. Read More Read Less

Gary | 65-74 | Male | Patient
6/28/2014
Condition: Age-Related Wet Macular Degeneration

I am 68 and have had amd for quite a few years. Treated with avastin for 2 years with mediocre results. Had 3td injection of eylea yesterday.I am seeing slight improvement.Very uncomfortable for a day or two but results seem worth it.