I've been on a low hormone birth control for about 2 years now with no problems or terrible side effects (besides for small amount of weight gain)I've never had any spotting or heavy bleeding even when I first started. However, I wanted to get on a seasonal pill so I didnt get my period as often. I've been on Amethia Lo for about a week now with no problems. I haven't noticed anything negitive abo...

This medication was prescribed to me when I was having side effects with Seasonale. I can not tell you how horrible this medicine is. I felt like a ghost in my own mind. I "spotted" (really had a full blown period" for 5 weeks straight. My doctor insisted that this pill is known for light bleeding even though it is not time for your cycle. I went ahead and continued taking it only for things to ge...

susan | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/22/2017
Condition: Painful Periods

I started Amethia Lo to help regulate my painful and irregular periods. I was looking forward to only having a period once every 3 months. I had no side effects from the first month of taking it, but then, after about a month, my period started again as normal. This period was much heavier than any period I've ever had, and went on for more than twice as long as my periods did before starting the pill. I had excruciating stomach cramps (worse than they were before the pill), extreme nausea, and lack of appetite. I have not been able to sleep through the night for four days due to the pain. I am extremely dissatisfied with Amethia Lo. It actually made the condition it was supposed to fix WORSE, and I will be speaking to my doctor about being prescribed a different drug.

Chelle | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/6/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was prescribed Amethia Lo to control my heavy bleeding. The first couple of pills were a breeze, after about a week or so I begin experiencing a whirlwind of emotions. My anxiety went THROUGH THE ROOF. Sex drive completely went away and I could barely control my thoughts. I read some reviews in which people admitted to some differences in their mental stability.. COMPLETELY TRUE! I am a healthy 24 year old woman, I would much rather deal with heavy periods and long periods then deal with this.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/30/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Bleeding for over 5 weeks of the 12 week pack. Got rid of acne and pain during period though.

Kammie | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/20/2016

I had taken Amethia Lo years ago because of awful periods and stopped for quite awhile and am back on it again because of possible endometriosis and of course just birth control. I have almost every possible side effect. Headaches, nausea, fatigue, cramps, breast tenderness, dizziness, and bloating. I've even taken several pregnancy tests just because I felt I could be pregnant! But all were negative and I got my period so it is effective! I just don't remember ever having symptoms like this before, but I'm going into my 5th month and hopefully my body will have adjusted after this pack.

Cbrkt21 | 25-34 | Female | Patient
11/9/2015

I wanted to shorten the amount of periods I was having. Who wouldn't? But I have a few complaints. Besides gaining weight, I'm literally hungry all the time. I hear people say "how do you eat so much?" And "all she does is eat?!" I'm literally out eating my boy friend at every meal...and it's not going unnoticed. For the first three months I went absolute bat shit crazy...I wasn't me? I almost lost my boyfriend and my job. I was just miserable and there was no real explanation for it? I'm a very happy person normally. And lastly, my body just started to hurt. Head, abdominal pain, legs, feet, arms, down to even my teeth. Odd things. I'm an average 27 year old girl who lives a basic and pretty healthy life. I don't have any recollection of these problems before using Amethia Lo. With all this said..avoid it if you can for your own sake, your body's sake, and that poor boyfriends sake. Good luck!