This is the only medication I have found that actually eases my stomach cramping. I have suffered from irritable bowel for 15 years and am very glad to have found this medicine. The only downfall is drowsiness.

Didnt like the medicine. It made me feel very strange, almost like I had been drinking. Wouldnt sugguest unless you must have it.

Miriam | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2021
Condition: adjunct therapy for irritable bowel syndrome

It was the best drug ever for my pain cramps when my ibs flared. Can't find it anymore. Can u help me source it pls. They put me on bentyl but librax helped me more can't we get it back

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/5/2017
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have ibs-d, and I only take this when my cramping gets bad. Just one pill knocks it out and relaxes me and my colon. I can't take too many otherwise I'll have the opposite and be constipated. This is such a good drug.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/15/2016
Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
5/6/2015
Condition: Irritable Colon

works well but want to wean off because it has some sort of additive medication in it and not sure how to wean off safetly, had take 2x daily

jjett318 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/18/2015

I have esophagus spasms that are really bad...I take two of these a day and it has really helped me...I am very thankful for this..

Bernie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/15/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

After Upper GI series was prescribed Librax BID. Stopped the belly bloating, cramping, & heartburn. Allergic to normally prescribed med. Have been on 34yrs. But now on Medicare, FDA will not cover medication.

Jaylynn | 65-74 | Female | Patient
9/28/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

I was prescribed the generic version of this drug as well as Bentyl. I alternate which one I use - try to take this 1 at night because it is more likely to make me drowsy. Helps alleviate the cramping within 20 minutes. IBS is intermittent & I prefer taking a drug like that is used only when I'm symptomatic. Now that I'm on Medicare, I hope my insurance still pays for it.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/5/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

Great medication for cramps.

Dee | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/5/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

I took this medicine 40 years ago and it stopped me from have surgery on my colon. About 4 years ago my colon start acting up again, so I asked my doctor for Librax, he said that's an old drug would you like to try whatever it was, I told him I wanted Librax, because I know it works.

estersofy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/21/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

Two years ago I had a crisis of IBS. With this medication the problems disappeared. Take the medicine for 1 month and since then never more.

elginman | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/10/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

It alleviates the muscle, and at times, shows no relief

Meg | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/4/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

Treatment of IBS, choking, damage from Severe acid reflex. Tremors to right hand, insomnia.

thanks | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/30/2013

I have use it for a nervous stomach before but i am using also for anxieties and it works

LuckyLarry49 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/20/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have fibromyaglia whick caused a bout of irritable bowl syndrome. I have taken librax and it has really settled my stomach down. I recommend it highly for stomach upset due to nervous stomach

rscott51 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/19/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have been taking Librax 3-4x/day since 1989 and it has worked wonders for me. I don't know where I would be without it. It was prescribed to me by the Mayo Clinic in MN and it's a life saver.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have been using this medication for 3 months, Initially, it worked wonders. The past several weeks, my cramps have returned still using this drug.

Eunice | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/28/2013

After 2 years of all kinds of tests and suggested medicines, I was diagnosed with IBS. This has been the only medicine (believe me, I tried several!) that has given me any relief. I don't have to worry about what I eat anymore. Haven't noticed any side affects.

Midnight8 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/24/2012
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have used generic Librax for nearly 10 years. I don't take it every day, just when my IBS acts up. It works great. But now that I am 65 and on a Medicare supplemental precription plan my insurance won't cover it and it is expensive--over $100 for a 90-day supply. I have tried several substitutes that the doctor recommended but none work as well. I don't understand why the insurance company won't pay for it. All they have to do is look at the number of pills I have used in a year and easily see that I am not addicted to it or abusing it.... Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/1/2012
Condition: Irritable Colon

ability to rest, irritable colon, very comforted with meds

maryannb853 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/13/2012
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have had IBS since the removal of my gallblader. I have tried everything . My Dr. finally put me on Librax and I think that it is going to be the right thing for me. I have only been on it for two weeks and it has helped slow down everything. The only draw back is, that my insurance doesn't pay for it. and it is costly, even in generic.