I suffer from PMDD. the first few days on Estrostep (coming from Lo-Loestrin Fe) were absolute hell (anxiety, depression, fatigue, etc.) However, since then Estrostep has been a dream. I hardly suffer from cyclical anxiety or depression; the cystic acne and sores started noticeably clearing up within 2 weeks; hardly any fatigue; lots of energy; feeling positive and like my "old self"; increased...

toomanyperiods | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/25/2019
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

I am 50 - experiencing shorter cycles, severe premenstral anxiety, and heavy periods. This made my period lighter then my period stopped - very glad. Too old to still have periods. I wanted to try this medicine for PMDD and heavy periods, but I could not find a doctor who knew how to help. I researched this bc online then visited heydoctor.com. I filled out forms regarding heart health and blood pressure. After a doctor reviewed was able to get prescription. Norethindrone acetate stopped bleeding right away. It might not help others but glad something finally worked.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/13/2016

I have been on this medication on and off for about 10 years. Very satisfied with it. Slight reduction in libido, but that happens with every birth control pill. I do get anxious/depressed the first month or so of taking the medication. However, once I get used to it, my mood is overall better (pre-menstrual mood swings are gone). The periods are very light and I don't have any cramps.

Stayhopefull | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/7/2015
Condition: Acne

When I first went on the pill I had moderate-severe acne. Once I started taking it- I felt nauseous for the first month, but thankfully that went away! Now it's been just about four months and my skin has never looked or felt better. I have clear skin most days- and when I do get acne it's much less significant than before (in both size and numbers), like- maybe four pimples tops, compared to having 33 on my face before. I was initially frustrated with the pill for not working right away, however now four months in its done it's job quite well.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/5/2015

I have been using this pill since 1997, yes 18 years, never had issues with cycles, acne, weight gain, mood, or pregnancy scares. It works and I will accept no other pill.

merkuree | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/24/2013

I have a love/hate relationship with this pill. I hate remembering to take it (I have set up several alarms for it)....but the reason why I hate it the most is CYSTIC ACNE. I got more acne from a pill that is supposed to help acne. What I love about this pill is that I didn't affect my sex drive, mood, or weight. I have the say that the first month, I had my period for two weeks (mostly spotting). I don't know if I will stay on this pill-- mostly because of the increase in acne.