I used this when I was younger and had severe acne. I eventually was able to get off all meds, but now, after 10 years of being off everything, I'm back on it. My cystic acne, blackheads, and little whiteheads are creeping back into my life. Ugh! I worked for a dermatologist for 6 years and am now employed by a major cosmetics company (to remain nameless), and let me tell you that there is not...

It burns pretty bad but they say beauty is pain. I guess if that's what it takes, I'll have to do it. I want so badly to have clear skin.

Ashley S | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/30/2020
Condition: Acne

This was the worst acne product I’ve ever tried it made my skin extremely dry to wear I had to apply moisturizer all day because my skin was peeling. Also, it made it red and didn’t work for me.

JenniferM | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/5/2019
Condition: Acne

I started using Retin-A after switching my birth control pills to progesterone only due to severe migraines thought to be caused by estrogen. I am now 23 and never struggled this bad with acne. Before Retin-A I had a few cystic acne spots on my chin and jawline and small blemishes on my forehead, occasionally. After using Retin-A my face got way worse. The first week it caused my face to be red, flaky and BURN. This wasn't the typical burning feeling I would get from a topical acne cream. This was a burn that would hurt when I would step outside. It made the cystic acne spots really dry, red and very sore. I called my dermatologist and they said those are typical side effects and to mix my moisturizer with the Retin-A. This helped but didn't help enough. I went another 5+ weeks dealing with peeling, flaking, red, irritated, dry, sore skin. I finally decided to stop using it. The next day my skin was feeling a lot less sore and irritated. This was not the medication for me.

vlaw | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2018
Condition: Acne

I'm on Day 4 of using this med and it's already done the job I wanted it for. I was having issues of tons of tiny blackheads all over my T-zone and my dermatologist put me on this. I've had a few big boy zits rise straight up to the surface but were gone within 24-36 hours. The blackheads? Virtually completely gone on my forehead and shrinking constantly on my nose and chin. I highly recommend pairing this med with a good face cream and using SPF (zinc based) during the day to combat healing and damage.

MikeReality | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/7/2017
Condition: Acne

Okay so I read all these reviews and I freaked because I was scared of my skin peeling off & it didn't. If you use a good moisturizer before putting it and before you sleep you should be safe. Sunscreen is super important!! I am in my 5th week of use and breakouts are a lot more minimal and the other ones are practically gone. I used to get lots of small pimples but now it's like 1 regular sized in an area which is much much better. Optimum effects are said to come around 8-10 weeks so yay!

Mari | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2017
Condition: Acne

I have only been on the medication for 2 days plus dorxy and spironolactone. So far my skin is dry and slightly peeling around my chin around. It has only been day 2 but my pimples have come to the surface and are ready to pop my blackhead are so much more noticeable on my nose which looks so ugly but I made one rule for myself- No mirror at work if I carry one i will pick at my face which isnt a good idea since your skin gets very thin. I wish everyone luck on their joruney with Retin A Micro Gel