I have lived most of my life in sunny Florida, Georgia, California, and Texas and would spend all my time outdoors if it were possible. So I realize I am just paying for past lack of diligence in protecting Scottish skin. This is my second round with Fluorouracil, 5%. The first time I treated only the back of my hands and the skin is now soft with just some age spots. The whole process took...

I can only describe its use as pure hell. Imagine putting your head in a fire ant nest and you will come close to feelings I've experienced. At times I've been unable to function; driving I've even had to pull over and stop. I could go on, but this is enough for you to get the impression. I'm sure it performs its intended function, but that needs to be on someone besides me!

It worked | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2021
Condition: Inflammation of Lips due to Sunlight Exposure

Applied to my lips for 5 days and yes, it is painful after the 3rd day of application but the end results are great. My lips took about 2 1/2 weeks to heal 100%. I was in pain for about 6 days and it’s difficult to eat, drink and brush your teeth. It’s a rough procedure but worth it.

Sandy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/13/2021
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

Satisfaction is a tough one, because it is very painful but it definitely works. I'm on my third round of treating AKs on my chest, shoulders, back and arms. The first two weeks of a four week treatment are not too bad, the third and definitely the fourth suck. It's like being itchy and on fire at the same time, and the appearance is horrible. I just finished the fourth week and my skin looks hideous. I forgot about this little trick, but just remembered last night and wanted to share: diaper cream. I slathered it all over the red, scabby areas and it's like a miracle. My skin looks about 90% better today. It still feels a bit itchy and some scabby areas, but overall I don't feel I have to wear a turtleneck so as not to scare people.

MajorBones | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/10/2021
Condition: Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

First, it definitely irritates healthy skin. Second, the scabbing, weeping and peeling continues for weeks after treatment is stopped. Doctors who don't warn patients of this are remiss. But the medication is cheap with insurance and has a good track record.

Matt | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2021
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

Doctor prescribed Fluorouracil to treat Actinic Keratosis. once daily for 14 days. It is working exactly as it should. Skin is red, itchy, dry and after 9 days it is very difficult to sleep. But best to tough it out and get it over. 5 years ago, Doctor prescribed Zyclara which has a two weeks on, two weeks off, two weeks on treatment schedule. That worked beautifully turning all pre-cancerous patches into scabs and then new skin. I do not recall the same itching, burning, dryness from the Zyclara treatment that I am experiencing with Fluorouracil, but I wanted to get treatment over sooner. If I have to be treated again, I think I'll go back to Zyclara.

Becky | 45-54 | Female | Patient
3/17/2021
Condition: Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

Wow I woke in the night with severe stomach pain headache feeling miserable like I’ve been poisoned