I started this drug about 2 months ago after struggling with IBS with Constipation for most of my adult life. I am now 42! I finally found a gastro who heard the fact that I only had a movement about once every 7 days and was shocked and actually told me, that is horrible and not normal and lets try some things to change that. I got some samples of Linzess and began them after finishing up a cou...

This drug caused a burning sensation in my esophagus, making it hard to swallow. Because of that, I had to have a barium swallow, which caused severe constipation for 3 months and a hospital bill of 3 hundred dollars that I have yet pay and is now destroying my credit. I feel I should be compensated for my loss and aggravation.

Arlene | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/15/2021
Victoria | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/28/2021
Condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation

No relief at all from bloating or discomfort..

JF | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I have struggled with Idiopathic constipation off and on. After Hiatal Hernia surgery it worsened. I have been on Linzess for six months. I take it as soon as I get up, about 30 minutes before eating breakfast. I have learned to take it with plenty of water. Sometimes I have a firm BM with some straining followed by an explosion BM. But then I am free of bloating the rest of the day. So it has been effective for me. My only frustration is that some mornings, I do not have a BM and end up with that heavy bloated feeling for most of the morning. I also have had a lot of gas in the evenings. If I control my sugar intake and amount of food, the bloating and gas seems to lessen.

Elder SBJ | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation
Ann | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I'm on the 290mg dose & only take it on my off days. Yes, drink water! I have found I have to eat around the time I take it. If I don't it can take several hours to work, thank you gastroparesis. I normally only go once, about an hour after taking it. It beats having to drink magnesium citrate to be able to go once a week!!