The cost of this medicine is prohibitive!! Stop the expensive tv ads and reduce the price for us patients.

After my 6th afib bout in 5 years and 4 electro cardioversions my cardiologist suggested cryoablation. My brother had this done over a year ago. I am one of the worst patients he has... I never take my rythmol or Toprol... I can take a years worth of drugs, or get zapped once every 12 months. Anyway this time they put me on eliquis in prep for ablation. My doctor is very popular and its a 7 we...

Ollefty | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/12/2021
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

I think this med is dangerous and taken off the market. I had no strength all I could do was sleep. I had hives and my lips swelled up so bad I couldn't eat also my finger got scratched on a edge on my lawnmower very minor and it took THREE days before I could get it to stop bleeding.

Pamela Sue | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2021
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Recurrence of a Clot in a Deep Vein

ijus starte this and i havent exsperienced anything yet upset tummy could be not eating im on it for DVT lazyness sitting on my arse to long ill give more ingo it anything else

L125 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2021
Condition: Blood Clot in Lung

I’ve been on Eliquis for 4 months now, due to a P.E. My blood clot has left (very grateful for that) However, I have to take medication for 6 months total. Side effects terrible ... headaches, shortness of breath, chest pain and joint pain. It made me feel like I had another P.E .. But I don’t want to complain because I am grateful Eliquis saved me!

Jim | Male | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Blood Clot in a Deep Vein

So so

Beth Taylor | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/1/2021
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

Given to my mother for Afib; about 2 weeks after taking she had 2 strokes back to back leaving her bedridden. She also had bleeding from the eyes after she came home from having strokes on hospice. I would not recommend this for Afib ever.

Ang | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: Blood Clot in Lung

Went in hospital in fall for a hysterectomy... woke up w blood clots in lungs.... after brief hospital stay put me on eliquis 10mg in morning and 10mg in evening.... 3months later they dropped me to 5mg in morning 5mg in evening.... get randomly tired here and there... and get brain fog here and there. Also weird muscle aches in back. Just went for ct 6months later as I was having lung pain again... clots gone. yay! But keeping me on eliquis for preventative... hoping they drop dosage soon. May keep me on for life, not sure u want that. Read More Read Less

William | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/2/2021
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention

Swelling in feet, ankles and legs, lost weight and tiredness

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/23/2021

Been on this for 6 months I get headaches from time to time and also forget a lot of thing from time to time.

booboo12 | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
1/4/2021

caused my mother to go blind blood clot in eye

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/27/2020
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

I started taking eliquis 4 yrs ago for AFib now I have short term memory loss; just discovered memory loss is a side effect.

Skissor | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/24/2020
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

I have been taking Eliquis, 5mg two times per day since 02-2018. I was taken to hospital and had mini-stroke. Dr. put me on Eliquis and Clopidogrel. Ihave shortness of breath with Eliquis, overall tiredness. headaches. Bruise very easily. Have to be extremely careful not to cut myself. Cut my arm last July while on vacation. Bought blood stop powder and plenty of bandaids. Took about three days for it to finally stop bleeding. Mostly concerned about shortness of breath. I like to bicycle, work out in the yard. Wonder if others have had these reactions. Read More Read Less

Zandalee | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/10/2020
Condition: Prevention for a Blood Clot going to the Brain

Been taking since stroke 2 years ago. Was taking xarelto prior and before that coumanden. No problems. If cost is prohibitive, there is a card you can get online which brings the cost down to $15.00. Have been on blood thinners all my life, without them I would surely die. I do sometime have joint pain, never attributed it to my meds.

Candles_1101 | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2020
Condition: Blood Clot in Lung

Iâ??ve only been taking for 5 days but so far so good. Iâ??m taking 10mg twice a day for a pulmonary embolism and havenâ??t had any side effects. To be fair though, I currently have a cold so hard to tell if body aches from meds or being sick at moment. Hopefully unrelated. Downside of med is that itâ??s twice a day at same time. Iâ??ll likely be on this Med for a long time so Iâ??ll come back and add review if anything changes.

pagdgn | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2019
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Recurrence of a Blood Clot in the Lungs

Since I've been taking this I've had bad headaches & blurry eyesight, I'm going to let my surgeon know about this tomorrow, the reason I'm on this because I'm in dialysis, and there was blockage on my port, it kept getting blocked, & nothing seemed to keep it going. I'm afraid that this is something I'm going to have to live with. I have an appointment with my eye doctor next week.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/10/2019
Condition: Blood Clot in Lung

I have been taking this drug for over a year and while it is much better than having to do the blood test with Wafarin, I have noticed severe joint pain, sore feet and overall decreased flexibility in joints and tendons/ligaments. Anyone else have similar symptoms?

Tired & Frustrated | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2019
Condition: Prevention for a Blood Clot going to the Brain

On this for just about two weeks. Tired all the time, taking this post stroke and Dr. wanted me to exercise. That’s impossible because I feel exhausted all the time. I’m sure this works well for some people but it is making me very uncomfortable, I have breathing problems especially at night that I never had before and I just feel lethargic. Taking 5 mg twice a day, trying to get my doctor to adjust it. If not I’m going to look for another alternative treatment. It’s not worth living like this.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/2/2019
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

Started Eliquis 5mg 2x a day. Short after Hive like rash, Then Trouble Breathing and getting my Breath, Just Weak feeling and can not do anything like working in the yard without shortness of breath and feeling weak. Then Blood in STOOL. But Hey...No stroke...Starting Xarelto tomorrow and see what that poison does to me.

Jade | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2019
Condition: Blood Clot in Lung

I went into the ER for a double pulmonary embolism. I "woke up" 3 weeks later. I was in the hospital for 4 wks., 3 of which I don't remember. ELIQUIS caused my adrenal glands to hemorrhage which in turn caused damage to my kidneys. I now have Addison's Disease and stage 3B Kidney Disease. I am no longer employable because of these long term affects and there I nothing I can do about it. So.....Don't take ELIQUIS it's not worth the risk!!

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/9/2019

Fatigue and lower back pain.

Billfish | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/9/2019
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Blood Clots in Chronic Atrial Fibrillation

When my Afib was diagnosed, I was put on Zarelto. After a taking this for a week, I developed blood in urine. Stopped immediatly and I was then put on Eliquis. I have no side effects even while taking drugs for the Afib. Have been on Eliquis for over a year.